Classification (for micro sprint car)

Blackirish

I have a micro sprint car that I would like to use for TT or solo events. Not concerned with chasing points. Is there a class for these kinds of cars?

Thanks,

Steve

I have a micro sprint car that I would like to use for TT or solo events. Not concerned with chasing points. Is there a class for these kinds of cars?

Thanks,

Steve

This sounds like fun, but see 2015 TT rules sections 6 and 7 to see what they say about open-wheeled cars:

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/481/TT_Rules_2015--v12.1--1-15-15.pdf

My quick scan of the HPDE rules did not find anything for or against open-wheeled cars, but that doesn't mean that there isn't something in there somewhere.

In any case, a set of fenders (at a minimum) might be in your future. If you need to start in HPDE-1 with an instructor riding shotgun, then a single-seat car will not likely work for you.

Mark

*NOTE: I edited the title and moved this thread from the Race Craft / Car Chat forum to the Time Trial forum for more traffic.

I know for a fact that NASA-SE requires fenders.

Buddy was bringing a car to RA a couple of weeks ago, and had to fab some fenders on Friday at his shop to pass tech.

I was just looking on RacingJunk for used Micro/Ligtning Sprints with the same idea.

They retain the motorcycle gearbox so you don't have the one gear problem of other Sprint cars, right?

I assume you have the parts to covert it to a non oval, symetrical setup?

The super short wheelbase will likely be a handful at higher road course speeds.

If you have an oval racing licence, you may be able to skip some of the HPDE ladder. Or you could just do that in your street car.