willf

NASA Texas Naughty List

Sterling Doc

This needs to be done in every region, and a certain number of points should exclude you from the Championships.

Glenn
This needs to be done in every region, and a certain number of points should exclude you from the Championships.

I like this idea as well. Are you referring to the Regional or on a National level? I like the Regional thought.

If I recall, 12 driver points puts you up for review w/ NASA for retaining your Comp license. What would be a good number for your idea? 6? 10?

Keep in mine there are driver points assessed to the innocent driver as well. Would be a bad thing to exclude a driver who was never found at fault and just had crappy luck.

Love the idea though. Worth looking into.

vlamgat

Hmm..... four seasoned drivers pass under standing yellow in the same race - all in different classes. What does that tell us? a bunch of idiots drinking from the same beverage container or just perhaps, a limp flag/withdrawn flag/or bad flag stand.

Watching for flags is neither optional or competitive but the flagger has to play too.

Fair

Good stuff, no reason to keep this hidden.

Even better that I'm not on the list. Whew!

cmc35

The 2016 list is now available. We will do our best to have it updated within a few days of each race weekend.

This is the link for 2016:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z4vcKV1dpd5Q-wbhTu4uDP9PRPMFzrz6zIfxUaTd0EI/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

3/12/16: all MSR-Houston incidents loaded.

3/18/16: all MSR-Cresson incidents now loaded.

April-sometime, I don't remember when I updated it...: all TWS incidents loaded.

6/14/16: as far as I know, all Hallett incidents are now loaded.

As of today, 6/13/16, we have not received the NOLA event incident reports, which is why they are not loaded.

-chris

Edited by Guest

ls168camaro

Thanks Chris! Great to see this updated as it's disappointing that it wasn't updated for a full year. Hopefully it will be updated going forward.

Guess I need a refresher on the point system as I don't understand why some are assessed a penalty and some aren't? If I look at last years 2 events every incident had a point even if it was a racing incident but not the case in 2016.

For instance- in R1 in CMC there is an incident which a driver receives a DQ but doesn't receive a point?

Ev
Hmm..... four seasoned drivers pass under standing yellow in the same race - all in different classes. What does that tell us? a bunch of idiots drinking from the same beverage container or just perhaps, a limp flag/withdrawn flag/or bad flag stand.

Watching for flags is neither optional or competitive but the flagger has to play too.

Agreed... Got a DQ once because a flagger held a standing yellow waist high with half the flag folded over, only about 1/3rd the flag was visible. Flaggers need to SHOUT, not whisper...

cmc35
Thanks Chris! Great to see this updated as it's disappointing that it wasn't updated for a full year. Hopefully it will be updated going forward.

Guess I need a refresher on the point system as I don't understand why some are assessed a penalty and some aren't? If I look at last years 2 events every incident had a point even if it was a racing incident but not the case in 2016.

For instance- in R1 in CMC there is an incident which a driver receives a DQ but doesn't receive a point?

Fair question. We, the RDs and Will, will review "points" when we all get to TWS.

surlynkid

Wow - #41 SM actually got 1 point for the punt from #44 SM. Anybody watch the video from the #33 car? It's on youtube. It was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond a punt and #41 had ZERO fault or ability to not be punted.

Ev
Wow - #41 SM actually got 1 point for the punt from #44 SM. Anybody watch the video from the #33 car? It's on youtube. It was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond a punt and #41 had ZERO fault or ability to not be punted.

CCR says hitee gets a point too. (27.12 Driver’s Points System, page 79). I guess they figure if you get hit a bunch, you may be part of the problem.

surlynkid

CCR says hitee gets a point too. (27.12 Driver’s Points System, page 79). I guess they figure if you get hit a bunch, you may be part of the problem.

I know what the CCR says, but when somebody comes into the corner as though they never hit the brake pedal, I have a hard time with giving out that point. I wish the go-kart kids would start in GTS2 or something instead of SM. I'm not sure they could survive a true no-contact class.

TWI

It's not an anomaly. I had a guy lock up at the end of the front straight at CMP and drill me in my door tires straight and a smoking when I turned in 10+ feet out from the apex to give him room and I got the same point the guy who drilled me in the door got.

IMG_0888-copy-web.jpg

The other driver admitted it was his fault, he outdrove his brakes and tagged me, but I got the same point he did.

I think it is a great idea you do a naughty list. I wish all regions did it.

DAL_MOBILE

Since #41 (Hamptom) received +1 for being in the wrong place, then #33 (Bachoura) should get -1 point for not being hit

Hastarock

So I got punted and taken out for the weekend, and it didn't count because it was a warmup session or what?

surlynkid

Did you fill out paperwork on the incident?

Hastarock
Did you fill out paperwork on the incident?

Yes

Hastarock

So my question still stands.

vlamgat

This is a ridiculous thread prompted by a ridiculous rule. "Naughty" tagging aside, the concept that racing will be contact free or accept a penalty whatever the reason, turns every track session into even more of a lottery than even amateur racing deserves. If one follows the logic of this process. those that do not get hit should also get a point for a clean completion irrespective of their position. So "millennial" - everyone gets a trophy just for participating!

Shortcutsleeping
This is a ridiculous thread prompted by a ridiculous rule.

Care to explain? The CCR stipulates that offending drivers get points for various offenses. This is done in all NASA regions. This (Texas) region has simply worked to make this transparent for all to see. Personally, I think it is a good thing as it allows drivers to know who may potentially be more of a 'problem child' in the region.

...the concept that racing will be contact free or accept a penalty whatever the reason, turns every track session into even more of a lottery than even amateur racing deserves. If one follows the logic of this process.

Of course there might be contact in racing. The point (lol) of the CCR 27.12 is that driver offenses get points and with enough points a driver cannot race. That, in my opinion, is exactly how it should be. I know I don't want to be on track with a person who cannot follow the rules the rest of us are following. If Driver X does not screw up, then Driver X does not get points. How is this a lottery?

those that do not get hit should also get a point for a clean completion irrespective of their position. So "millennial" - everyone gets a trophy just for participating!

I don't think you really understand the rules and/or the point of this thread. Why would a person get a point for clean competition?

Happy to discuss further, but I think if you take the time to read the CCR and the purpose of this thread it will hopefully be clear that the point is to keep the folks who should not be on track, not on track!

Costas

cars and such...

cmc35

List updated through TWS October 2016. See you all next year.

vlamgat

The question I posed and the point of my overall comment is that the rule is crazy unless it does clearly what it's designed to do. Which as said is to discourage hits for any reason including underinvestment or poor maintenance. If in the interest of transparency the hitter is treated the same way as the "hittee" for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, then it removes the point of racing. I grant you and agree that I too do not want to be on track with a Designated Hitter and I suppose that if someone is being hit often enough,not here is a good chance that he/she is part of the problem. But that's what Stewards are for unless we are also saying that our events are no longer able to attract qualified Stewards and so we cannot or should not have to depend on their discipline to act as a deterrent and hit the competitive spirit as well and instead.

In retrospect, my earlier comments were over the top, too much coffee! But having been hit in the rear while exiting the track with a technical problem in TT because I had passed the hitter, I have learned that there is no accounting for bad judgement with points.

surlynkid

Nothing for Cyclone at Cresson?

cmc35

Updated through TWS, April 2017.