What Is It With Wrong Class Registration?

heavychevy

I've done or signed up for 4 TT events this years and in every one, at least one, and in a couple of them at least 2 people have shown on the entry list in TT1 and not been in the right class. This is now repeating itself for Hyperfest with 2 cars that are unlikely to be in TT1 (Cayman, E30 M3). This phenomenon covers 3 regions as well (SE,MA,GL). I've watched entry lists for some time now and never seen this many improper classifications. It's very misleading at first when your TT class looks like it's going to have 9 people in it. Now you have to search the list for car type and research the drivers to be sure. It's hard to tell how this is happening because sometimes the cars show up to the track with the proper class stickers that look like they have been there for a while. Some also have been competing in the proper class before, so it's hard to imagine they picked the obscenely wrong class from a drop down menu.

Can this be fixed somehow or must we google every entrant from now on.

I've done or signed up for 4 TT events this years and in every one, at least one, and in a couple of them at least 2 people have shown on the entry list in TT1 and not been in the right class. This is now repeating itself for Hyperfest with 2 cars that are unlikely to be in TT1 (Cayman, E30 M3). This phenomenon covers 3 regions as well (SE,MA,GL). I've watched entry lists for some time now and never seen this many improper classifications. It's very misleading at first when your TT class looks like it's going to have 9 people in it. Now you have to search the list for car type and research the drivers to be sure. It's hard to tell how this is happening because sometimes the cars show up to the track with the proper class stickers that look like they have been there for a while. Some also have been competing in the proper class before, so it's hard to imagine they picked the obscenely wrong class from a drop down menu.

Can this be fixed somehow or must we google every entrant from now on.

I was one of the people that accidentally signed up for TT1 for Hyperfest. I think it just boils down to the fact that the default TT class when signing up is TT1, so if you forget to change the class, you just get dumped into TT1. An easy fix for this would be to default the class you choose to blank and then require the person signing up to select a class before proceeding.

I never thought about the fact that TT1 was the default choice. Now it adds up how that keeps happening. Guess I'll have to keep on checking when new names appear.

As a registrar I can tell you for 100% certain that's how it happens. Forget to pick a class? You're in TT1. I'll mention it to the guy who built the new reg system shortly.

Our entry lists are only as good as the info our members enter when they register. But the number of wrong or incomplete registrations for any given event would blow your mind, so this isn't really a surprise from our end.

unclassed people are supposed to go to TTU...

This isn't about people that are unclassed. Its about people who forget to change their class in the drop down menu when registering for events, which ends up putting them into TT1 because the drop down menu is ordered alphabetically.

It's fixed. Now you must manually select both a date and class to proceed to the next step of registration. The default under TT (or racing, or anything else with multiple choices available) is now "choose your driving class" and if you don't, you will get this warning up top in a pink box:

Please select a driving class and date to register!