Time Trialing and Collision Insurance i.e. Special Insurance

RX-Heven

I have a heavily modded convertable RX-7 (70+ mod points) that will soon run in TTU. Needless to say I have a ton of money into the car and want to be fully covered during Time Trial events. For many insurance companies, running in open-track events in a school group (untimed such as group 1-4) is usually not a problem. However, once timing is introduced many insurance companies (including mine) will not cover any damages incurred under such events.

What are some insurance companies that will cover "specialty cars" that are worth WAY more than the typical blue book value and cover these cars during timed open-track "non-race" events such as timetrialing?

Other than race insurance which can be as much as 10k per race, I'd recommend that you build in a larger safety margin and drive within your limits. It's still a time trial and not an actual race.

It's good that your concerned about not bending a fender, we all are. However, others on the track are simply trying to make it around in one piece (remember your first time in HPDE 4).