Is American Iron a Popular Class in NASA?

Menhaden

I've been thinking about racing NASA lately and I've got my eye on American Iron (I'm a muscle car fan). From what I understand GTS seems to be the most popular, but where does AI fall on the popularity list? Thanks.

It is a great class, but check our signatures as we post to understand where we are coming from To get an idea of car counts check out the results pages from your region, or the national races to see the raw numbers.

Get out to a NASA event and see the cars, talk to the drivers and learn what makes the different classes unique and fun. You can find one that fits what you are looking for I am sure.

It is a great class, but check our signatures as we post to understand where we are coming from To get an idea of car counts check out the results pages from your region, or the national races to see the raw numbers.

Get out to a NASA event and see the cars, talk to the drivers and learn what makes the different classes unique and fun. You can find one that fits what you are looking for I am sure.

Agreed.....plenty of cars in some areas and none in others. Look at the car counts for the region/tracks you would likely visit and meet the guys you'd be racing against. The guys I race against get along so well that we get together and do other things together outside of racing. (CMC)

Also, Muscle cars can run in the ST classes as well, depending on what car and mods. I know of some Mustangs that run ST2 and restrict the power to run in AI.

• 1 month later...

Where are you located? Lots of fun in American Iron and Spec Iron is a fun, growing class too.

Best sounds of any type of racing!

• 3 weeks later...

I hope your not basing this decision on which series is more popular … your talking about two completely different types of racing - If your a muscle car fan then AI or Spec Iron would seem like a good fit, even maybe CMC … but there are TONS of other things to consider before selecting a path in racing - If what you meant by " popular " is what class is going to have the better car count then GTS is probably what your after - AI has become pretty specific with the newer chassis cars and the Spec Iron class now pulling from the previous car counts … In AI the fields never really get more than 5-6 cars in the MidWest area and even then its one or two cars that check out then a thin mid pack behind em. Years ago it was different, East and Texas get the biggest fields of competitive AI cars and Nationals always draw a solid crowd.

Come and watch a few events, spend some time doing your homework and talking to racers ... the right move will seem obvious after you do that.

E Fisher #12 AI / AIX