New Racer

mark24

Just a quick question..After coming off ovals i want to start road racing. I have a line on a excellent Allison Legacy very well cared for. I know they have a new Allison Car but this is the older style. What class do they race in? I would guess its with Legends and Baby Grands? Also is it a good choice? I have a HPDE miata but I dont want to make that one a race car.Thanks.

Just a quick question..After coming off ovals i want to start road racing. I have a line on a excellent Allison Legacy very well cared for. I know they have a new Allison Car but this is the older style. What class do they race in? I would guess its with Legends and Baby Grands? Also is it a good choice? I have a HPDE miata but I dont want to make that one a race car.Thanks.

I'm not absolutely positive what class they run in, but you might want to post your question in the Legends/600 Racing forum further down the page and see what they say plus if they have any suggestions. As far as it being a good choice, after you figure out the class it runs in, I suggest checking out http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/ and check whatever region you plan on running in to see how many cars usually show up for the class you would run in. You might also want to check the forum for whatever region you're in. - Jim

• Members

From the PT Rules.

Appendix B—Technical Bulletins for Specific Models/Items

Allison Legacy (PTD):

Maximum Dynojet 105 rwhp/140 ft-lbs

Minimum competition weight: 1675 lbs

All vehicles must comply with the Allison Legacy Race Series 2010 Rule Book

(note: Allison Legacy cars built for the 2012 Pro 4 Stock Car Road Racing Series have not been approved for PT at the time of this publication. The can compete in STR)

So, if it complies with 2010 Allison Rule Book, then it is PTD. Otherwise it is ST.