J_Roberts

TWS not dead yet apparently!

J_Roberts

From the Bryan/College Station Eagle (legit paper). TWS open until at least through December 2015.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/texas-world-speedway-back-on-track-at-least-temporarily/article_6bfc8c38-ff33-11e4-9b3d-b3fb22905bac.html

Maybe this is all just some twisted marketing scheme, kind of like Ozzy Osbourne having his farewell tour, then immediately coming out of retirement.

So, how about NASA on October 17-18 CW?!

PoBoyR6

Where in Chappell Hill should I send the gift basket?

kbrew8991
Where in Chappell Hill should I send the gift basket?

if by gift basket you mean 18-wheeler-container full of manure...

KB wants both tracks

robertcope

Well, the Bluebonnet development won't be going to Chappell Hill, at least; the property was apparently sold to locals.

Supposedly, there is a new site in an undisclosed location. "The new site will include a hotel complex, cart track, multiple garage condos, long term rental garages, grandstand seating, restaurant, and well laid out paddock." We'll see.

robert

PoBoyR6

KB wants both tracks

Of course but we've got to have realistic expectations. We're pretty spoiled for tracks in Texas as it is. At this point I just want TWS to stay open. If I had to choose from a track that already exists (that we all know and love) versus a shiny new track that only exists on paper and may never get built, I'll take TWS every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Bird in the hand and all...

kbrew8991

Disagree since COTA isn't very accessible and thus should not count. Few too many pankcake flat tracks compared to what some other regions have too (SE, N & S Cal, NE, etc). Just my $0.02

rphelan

Did I read somewhere that we're getting a NASA race in the fall at TWS now that it's going to stick around till the end of the year (at least?)

DAL_MOBILE
Did I read somewhere that we're getting a NASA race in the fall at TWS now that it's going to stick around till the end of the year (at least?)

Via NASA Texas' latest email blast,

"We know everybody is excited to hear our announcement of our October and November dates. Thank you for being patient around tracks scheduling late in the season. We anticipate the announcement going out next week."

Unofficially TWS has NASA listed on their calendar for Oct 17/18

http://texasworldspeedway.com/the-track/track-schedule.html

DAL_MOBILE

Via NASA Texas' latest email blast,

"We know everybody is excited to hear our announcement of our October and November dates. Thank you for being patient around tracks scheduling late in the season. We anticipate the announcement going out next week."

Unofficially TWS has NASA listed on their calendar for Oct 17/18

http://texasworldspeedway.com/the-track/track-schedule.html

TWS Oct 17/18 isn't an official event (yet), but heads up on lodging, it's Alabama vs Texas A&M weekend...

davidnyc

Is TWS in October official yet?

(sort of want to start planning)

Hastarock
Is TWS in October official yet?

(sort of want to start planning)

Les do it.