Sign in to follow this  
tsiawd666

Lexan installer in NOVA?

tsiawd666

Anyone know of a shop that is experienced with Lexan prep and/or install in the Northern VA area? My usual shop, RRT, is too busy at the moment and I have a set of windows that I want put in. They are oversized and need the edges prepped (sanded and primered) before install and that's not something I'm capable of doing myself.

Thanks for any suggestions!

eogel

Try an auto glass installer. Although not in your area, I have bought a Lexan windshield from one and I am sure they had to cut an fit it.

Ed

tsiawd666

I called a few and they all said while they'd be fine with installing one that was pre-cut, they weren't experienced with cutting one to fit. Thanks for the suggestion though. Maybe I was just not lucky to get one that has dealt with Lexan before.

I'm still following body and race shop leads, but still nothing 100% definite in my timeframe, so any suggestions are appreciated.

takjak2

Did you find an installer/solution?

tsiawd666

Mr. Spoiler in Manassas did my install and it came out great.

Bigcloud
Mr. Spoiler in Manassas did my install and it came out great.

Did they cut your lexan windshield as well? My e36 race car windshield got severely cracked at Summit Point and i was hoping to go with Lexan.

tsiawd666

Oof, I never saw this msg last year, sorry about that. I imagine you fixed your glass already somehow.

Sort of. The lexan I'm using is from Optic Armor. It was oversized and needed to be cut to size.