Vented hoods and points

bikeride

I have read the rules carefully to figure out if I can add hood vents and how many points it would add. This is the only rule I could find.

C4 -Modification of the BTM air intake/box, air filter location, air piping to the turbo/supercharger/intercooler/throttle body/carburetor, or hood/fascia/fender air inlet(s), outlets, or vents +1 (air filter upgrade alone 0 pts)

The car is a BMW E46 330i. I already took the (1) point for a cold air intake. If I add hood vents is that one more point or does that first point cover both? I did get an expert opinion, but he was not positive.

On the same subject. If that same vented hood is now fiberglass of carbon fiber, the only difference would be the weight change... correct?

Any points mod written like that is actually straight forward, any of the listed provisions triggers it but once in there you can do the rest of it for no additional assessment. In your case the CAI pipe or whatever triggers the +1, so might as well do the rest of it for "free".

Materials changes in body parts (assuming profile doesn't change) are simply weight reduction.