ST2 and ST3 signups at ECC 2015

brkntrxn

Eric and Dave,

I was kinda hoping the ST3 field would fill out so I could run in ST3 again. I wanted another shot at the ST3 title, but my car has really felt good in ST2 trim this year. At least you two are being good natured about it and a field of 7 is much better than a field of 3-4.

I look forward to running with you.

-Kevin

Well, I got the car down to 2760 lbs last night (out of gas and no cool suit), so about 200lbs down from ST3 trim.

Anyone have HP tuners, or something similar at VIR? Getting it "un-detuned" will cost me about $500 otherwise locally for 10 or so HP. I should probably get it myself, but I don't have much time to learn to use it correctly.

With my no power assist brakes, I may really enjoy the lower weight!

I'm just ahp

Well, I got the car down to 2760 lbs last night (out of gas and no cool suit), so about 200lbs down from ST3 trim. I will probably shoot for 2840-2850 in race trim, with the cool suit.

Anyone have HP tuners, or something similar at VIR? Getting it "un-detuned" will cost me about $500 locally for 10 or so HP - not sure it's worth it. I should probably get HP tuners it myself, but I don't have much time to learn to use it correctly.

With my no power assist brakes, I may really enjoy the lower weight!

I'm just happy to be running in the Championships again, and checking VIR off my bucket list.

Anyone have HP tuners, or something similar at VIR? Getting it "un-detuned" will cost me about $500 locally for 10 or so HP - not sure it's worth it. I should probably get HP tuners it myself, but I don't have much time to learn to use it correctly.

I don't think someone having HP Tuners will do you any good except to read the tune that is already in the car. To tune a car, you have to have an open license which is then "married" to the PCM you want to write to. Each license is $100, if I recall correctly, and I do not have any available in my bundle.

-Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
Eric and Dave,

I was kinda hoping the ST3 field would fill out so I could run in ST3 again. I wanted another shot at the ST3 title, but my car has really felt good in ST2 trim this year. At least you two are being good natured about it and a field of 7 is much better than a field of 3-4.

I look forward to running with you.

-Kevin

Turns out either way we could have just run in ST3!!!! Oh well, had a great time with both of you and I had a blast of a race on Sunday.

It was pretty funny that the only cars left in ST2, were from ST3. Lots of attrition this weekend, but some great racing- I had a great time!

Here is a video of the very short rain race, and spin:

Fixed link!

Edited by Guest

We had a knife duel in a gunfight .

We had a giant rubber band between us. I'd stretch it in corner exit, and Dave would slingshot in under braking. I learned a lot , and had a great time. I'll be back, faster .