Driving an Automatic

LearningCurves

I own a 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ turbo Automatic that I am looking to setup for Track days. I want to buy a transmission cooler, but I am having troubles trying to properly size the cooler. Would anyone have an idea on proper procedure on how to accomplish this? Most of the guides that I look at do not account for track days; So would it be wise to just buy a Heavy Duty Cooler? Since I am installing on a transverse mounted engine/transmission, is the install basically the same as a Rear wheel drive setup? Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated as I am having no help from any other forums...

thats a cool idea. but to be honest if your just starting out your probably ok completly stock. and if you know this is something your going to keep doin there are plenty of better sub 5k track car options out there to do this with before you start messing with trying to make a good daily/track car which in the end will not lead to pleasant results or money well spent

• 2 weeks later...
^ What he said...take it stock and see if you like the sport. Then look to trade it for a manual

Best advice so far. Save up your pennies for dedicated sports car down the road.

• 9 months later...

Finding an alternative car for tracking is a wise and less costly decision, but there's something about taking a car you bought new and watch it transform into a track car.