RX8 and the sedan allowance

Grintch

Kill the sedan advantage....

...Because the four-door Sedans are doing so much better than the sports cars?

Because the rally cars are doing fine against the sports cars.

I like the sedan allowance, for a number of reasons. As was hinted, there don't seem to be any sedans running away with trophies because of it, so I don't think the system is broken or it is giving anyone an unfair advantage.

What it can do, though, is bring some more interesting hardware to the field that might not otherwise show up, and I think that's a good thing.

So there's really no downside that has been demonstrated, and there's a potential upside.

When experienced people are picking a platform to race, it's kinda cool to see where the innovations can lead, and this is one small door that can help do that. I don't know of any cases where it has been abused.

:idea: I need to put an LSX in an EVO....

A LSx 4 door E36 or E46 would be a better choice. Even if you can convert the transverse engined Evo to a longitudinal engine and covert to RWD, it's still likely to be very nose heavy.

And basicly identical performance to a 2 door version plus you get an extra 0.2 allowance.

Good point. Vorschlag makes some killer LS E36's.

My point was in jest, but the E36/46 really is a good example of how to exploit this rule.

• 3 months later...