FREE in-car flag condition app avail at the Western States

stealth430

Want to avoid penalties at the national because you missed a yellow flag? Want to race safer and smarter?

Racer Caster Inc. and the makers of Spotter, are proud to announce that NASA will be using the Spotter platform at the Western States Championships.

This service is FREE to all participants.

Spotter is revolutionizing motorsports safety by using mobile technology to deliver full track flag conditions in real time to the driver.

Key event benefits for using Spotter at the NASA Championships:

•Spotter displays all flag conditions on your smart phone anywhere on track regardless of track visibility and light conditions

•Flag condition awareness avoids costly flag penalties

•Enhanced track condition awareness rewards driver with a safer on track experience and improved decision making

•Live event announcement to stay on schedule and never be late or miss another session

This app works! Spotter was rigorously tested throughout 2014 with NASA Northern California (Norcal) region and made its debut flawlessly at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. This success led to NASA Norcal implementing Spotter for competition, time trial and HPDE for 2015.

Do you want the unfair advantage at the NASA Championships? Download the free app, mount the phone, and win! Complete details on app download for both Android and iOS devices, and information on installation can be found on our website at http://www.racercaster.com or email [email protected]. Racer Caster will be at the NASA Western States Championships to provide on-site support.

The next 25 people who like us on Facebook will get a FREE suction cup phone mount, redeemable at the event.

What are you waiting for? Check out the in-car demo video below and see for yourself.

Big Thank You to NASA for joining the safety revolution. See you at the Western States Championship!

David, you are on the list! We will be there Thursday, see PM for contact.

Rob, see PM.

9 more days!

We will have to see. We offer this service for free to NASA and you guys, so we will go if only there are enough users. We received positive feedback from norcal racers. If people have the same reaction after the western states, let myself and NASA know and we will do it

I have feedback! I used Spotter at the June event at Sonoma. My overall impression: it was significantly more useful than I was expecting.

I mounted the phone from the car roof so it is just above my line of sight. I have a tirerack windshield banner (required by BMWCCA otherwise I'd take it off) so the phone cannot be seen from outside the car and does not obscure anything for the driver. I think if I'd mounted the phone anywhere else the app would be useless, but with it just a few degrees from my line of sight the flashing yellow in my peripheral vision attracts my attention. Also it's pretty dark up there so the contrast is good.

That flashing of the yellows was a good idea - without the flashing I probably wouldn't notice a change in condition.

The way I actually use Spotter is "uh, there's a yellow somewhere". It does display the turn number for the yellow but I found that this isn't worth the brain distraction - instead of sitting there thinking "hm, where the heck is turn 6", I just use the info to be extra vigilant about watching the corner workers.

One complaint I have is that after 3 sessions my Android phone said Spotter had used 233MB of data. Holy cow. Is it possible that Spotter is still going whole-hog while it is backgrounded and I'm sitting in the paddock?

IMG_20150406_183406.jpg

Thank you Andrew.

Regarding data size. We recommend that you return to the spotter home screen so it doesn't continuing receive data during other sessions. The schedule announcements will also show up on the home screen.

8 more days!

Regarding data size. We recommend that you return to the spotter home screen so it doesn't continuing receive data during other sessions.

Can you add a little activity icon at the top left to warn the user when Spotter is chewing bandwidth?