Who's running Cobras

Roger Davis

Five of us have recently signed up to run HPDE with our Cobras (replicas). We have been running Watkins Glen with other Clubs but we all just joined NASA so we can run Summit Point.

Anybody else running fake Cobras?

RD

Roger, I signed up for next weekend 5/3-5/4 at Arizona Motorsports Park. This will be my first time on a track so I'll be in group 1. Really looking forward to it. I have an Arntz/Butler with a 350 and and BFG tires. Sounds like you have some experience on tracks. What car are you running? Tom

Tom,

I have a 1986 Contemporary that I have been running in open track since 1990. I am on my fourth engine. Two 427's. a 351 crate engine and now a yet to be driven 408 Dart. Will be testing at Watkins Glen in two weeks. Most of us run slicks or Hoosier TD's on our cars but none of us street drive our Cobras.

Good luck with your track experience and try to keep all four on the pavement.

Roger

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have dual roll hoops or a single full roll bar? I can't remember off the top of my head whether NASA allows the double roll hoops in DE but that would be the only sticking point. There was a guy at the last Summit Point event that was running his roadster with a full roll bar. I run a Challenge Series car and there are a couple of other people that have CS cars that attend as well.

Good luck. Hope to see you at the track.

it shouldn't matter if a cobra has one or two single person hoops or a full width 'roll bar'. I think the tech inspector wants to see that the one or two people in the car are below the top of the hoop/bar. I would think that each entrant is going to receive individual scrutiny based on the combination of setup and occupant height.