Live Video for East Coast Nationals

miataracer90

Will the East Coast nationals have better coverage than West Coast nationals? The coverage is pretty poor. NASA used to have great coverage on Speedcast TV.

Great question as would love to watch on line

I tried to watch the West coast races, but with 2 buffering camera and with audio in and out, t was really difficult. For those of us who can't be at the event, the Speedcast broadcasts were great. Same issue last year (with Racerconnect I think) at RA.

• National Staff

We will not have the live multi-camera coverage from the Eastern States Championships this year. We would certainly like to offer the live coverage we pioneered in years past, but it became prohibitively expensive to do so with the dual event format we now have. We apologize that you didn't have a good experience with the coverage we were offering and are continually working to improve on what we can offer for every future event.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
We will not have the live multi-camera coverage from the Eastern States Championships this year.

Regards,

Why did the West Coast championships have the live feeds, but the East coast will not? That doesn't seem quite right.

We will not have the live multi-camera coverage from the Eastern States Championships this year.

Regards,

Why did the West Coast championships have the live feeds, but the East coast will not? That doesn't seem quite right.

It's nothing to be jealous of lol, they sucked.

I think a much better way of doing it is having rotating location. Do West Coast one year, Central the next, East Coast the next, then repeat. Bring back the Speedcast TV. Separate championships is pretty dumb especially when one of the coolest things (live broadcast) is removed from the event.

We will not have the live multi-camera coverage from the Eastern States Championships this year. We would certainly like to offer the live coverage we pioneered in years past, but it became prohibitively expensive to do so with the dual event format we now have.

I heard a 30 minute dissertation today on the live announcer feed about how much NASA has grown and continues to grow every year.

With the thousands of membership dues, entry fees and exorbitant prices to compete at nationals (X2), how was it "prohibitively expensive" to provide video feeds like in years past?

• 1 month later...
  • National Staff
We will not have the live multi-camera coverage from the Eastern States Championships this year. We would certainly like to offer the live coverage we pioneered in years past, but it became prohibitively expensive to do so with the dual event format we now have.

I heard a 30 minute dissertation today on the live announcer feed about how much NASA has grown and continues to grow every year.

With the thousands of membership dues, entry fees and exorbitant prices to compete at nationals (X2), how was it "prohibitively expensive" to provide video feeds like in years past?

I wish I could answer every question with the level of detail it would take to explain the reasoning behind that answer, but the fact remains that the event is monumentally expensive to operate because we want to provide NASA competitors with the very best possible experience available at the NASA Championships. Simply put, it will become much easier to offer the live multi-camera coverage again if we can all get an extra 5 competitors to register in our classes.

I will be disappointed if there is not live coverage for the Buttonwillow nationals event since that venue has got to be less expensive to host an event at as opposed to say Laguna Seca.

I wish I could answer every question with the level of detail it would take to explain the reasoning behind that answer, but the fact remains that the event is monumentally expensive to operate because we want to provide NASA competitors with the very best possible experience available at the NASA Championships. Simply put, it will become much easier to offer the live multi-camera coverage again if we can all get an extra 5 competitors to register in our classes.

I'd be happy if we could get better pre & post event coverage. Right now its just the little blurb you read in speed news one month after the fact.

If NASA wants 5 more attendees in each run group then they're going to have to make the event more appealing to both potential entries and spectators.

Simply put, it will become much easier to offer the live multi-camera coverage again if we can all get an extra 5 competitors to register in our classes.

Unfortunately, at least for me, Nationals just feels like a modestly well attended regional event now and reducing the quality of the experience is having an effect that is exactly the opposite of that which is needed to get those extra 5 competitors in each class. Sometimes you gotta give a little to make a lot and that might mean making our National Event a loss leader. I have attended 4 of the last 5 National Championships and feel that each one has gotten progressively less exciting, with every cut in expenses being felt by a noticeable drop in the level of satisfaction I get after the event is over.

Things I missed at Laguna Seca this year: No Speedcast coverage, No banquet, very few sponsors compared to the last event at Miller, very few vendors (no Hoosier!), low racer turnout for all but a few classes. There was no "Buzz" and I just never got a sense of being at "something special"

From my perspective, Splitting the Championships has diminished the prestige the event deserves, reduced the level of competition, and discouraged racers from attending. If NASA can't provide a first class experience due to the cost of hosting 2 National events, then maybe it's time to give up on this experiment and return to one, high quality event we can all be proud to say we participated in.

I'll still be at Buttonwillow in 2016 and maybe even Watkins Glen. I still love running with NASA and will continue to support the organization fully. I just hope that a solution can be reached before it is too late and we no longer have a goal to aspire to reach each year by doing as well as we can, against the best in the country, at our National Championships.

Just thought of something... how much money is being funneled into the NP01 project that will only be serving like 1% of NASA participants who actually have tens of thousands of dollars to drop on something like that? Talk about catering to a niche crowd.

Nationals needs to go back to one event. And not have it at the same track every year, go through a rotation. One year West coast, one year Central, one year East coast.

I agree with pretty much everything Hal said in the post above mine.

Unfortunately, at least for me, Nationals just feels like a modestly well attended regional event now and reducing the quality of the experience is having an effect that is exactly the opposite of that which is needed to get those extra 5 competitors in each class. Sometimes you gotta give a little to make a lot and that might mean making our National Event a loss leader. I have attended 4 of the last 5 National Championships and feel that each one has gotten progressively less exciting, with every cut in expenses being felt by a noticeable drop in the level of satisfaction I get after the event is over.

Things I missed at Laguna Seca this year: No Speedcast coverage, No banquet, very few sponsors compared to the last event at Miller, very few vendors (no Hoosier!), low racer turnout for all but a few classes. There was no "Buzz" and I just never got a sense of being at "something special"

From my perspective, Splitting the Championships has diminished the prestige the event deserves, reduced the level of competition, and discouraged racers from attending. If NASA can't provide a first class experience due to the cost of hosting 2 National events, then maybe it's time to give up on this experiment and return to one, high quality event we can all be proud to say we participated in.

The greatest, most accurate thing ever posted on the internet.