slow down

HPDE tech question: Corbeau A4 reclining seats

slow down

I have a C5 Z06 as a weekend fun car that I had considered taking for a track day some time. It has Corbeau A4 reclining seats installed, using the factory 3-point belts. Will these seats pass tech for HPDE? I read the CCR and I am still not sure. This would be North-East region if that changes anything.

Fr3AkAzOiD

Never had a problem with my Corbeau reclining seats passing tech.

You should be fine.

kpearson

I know this is an older post, but I'll follow up for those that might stumble on this thread later.

The A4 seats are fine, as long as they are used with the OEM seat belts. They would not pass tech with a harness.

centerville

Sorry to drag this one up but...I have to ask as I am new to all this. Why would 3 point belts be preferred over a 6 point?

getfast

^because typically a racing harness (5 points or more) should only be used with a fixed-back racing seat, as it says in the CCR.

That one in question above is a "touring" seat that reclines, basically a stock equivalent type seat, therefore it would be best with a stock 3-point belt.

Safety gear works together as a system. Mix-and-match of certain bits can get problematic...