jastzu

Noob at RRR 9/25-9/27

jastzu

Greetings all,

At the recommendation of a friend/NASA member, I signed up for the 9/25-9/27 RRR event in back in June, my first! So far though I've had no luck tracking down a weekend schedule or any details specific to this event. Now that we're in to September, I thought I'd ask about it here. I've read the general overview for HPDE1 participation and understand what's required of me/my car. My concern at the moment is that I'm a ways west of Atlanta, a little over 4 hours from RRR, and need to schedule for the 27th accordingly. A full weekend schedule would help me tremendously. It's possible I'm jumping the gun, that an email with all the details is forthcoming, but so far my inbox has nothing. Any feedback you guys can give would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason Moore

'96 Miata

jastzu

I'd like to apologize for the redundant posts. I submitted this one Wednesday night, then a second Thursday night when it appeared first never took . It seems they required approval prior to publishing, so they both dropped tonight. I missed that, my fault, redundant posts are the worst and deserve a special place in hell

Thanks for the info (here and there), much appreciated. I'm counting the days until the Sizzler!

Jason Moore

'96 Mazda Miata

P.S. If a Mod would be so kind as to kill one, or merge the threads; it would help hide my shame;)

sonny

The official schedule usually gets posted ~1 week before the event.

Is there something you need to know in particular that we might be able to assist you with?

jastzu

Hi Sonny,

Your "DE Classroom Topics @ Roebling" thread has been my primary source of preparation; a few really great links for the newcomer in that. All I need to know at this point is when to arrive on Friday, the 25th (I'm afraid I confused the point by fat fingering "27th" in my original post). Also, is it common to camp at the track? That is my current plan as I'm guessing that's what most do.

Thanks,

-Jason

sonny
Hi Sonny,

Also, is it common to camp at the track? That is my current plan as I'm guessing that's what most do.

Thanks,

-Jason

Yes. Camping at the track is available & offers the most immersive track experience. I plan on camping there in my trailer. See ya there!

jrmock

Jason,

If you can, arrive Friday, early evening, between 5:00 and 7:00pm, when registration will be open. If you arrive later, you can always go thru registration early Saturday morning.

JM

jastzu

Thanks to all for contributing to an amazing first weekend at the track. Apologies for not extending my thanks to Sonny, jrmock (and dbrad on my redundant post) in advance; your advice was super helpful and very much appreciated! I've so much more to say but I'll save that for another post:)