BabyFerrariRacing

HPDE 3 new for NASA at Mid-Ohio

BabyFerrariRacing

Hey everyone. So i have a bit of a dilemma. I registered for HPDE 3 at Mid-Ohio next month but I haven't ran NASA since last year at Mid-Ohio in April. I currently run HPDE at Waterford Hills Raceway which is a local track in Michigan but I've also ran at Michigan International Speedway and Pikes Peak International Raceway. I already sent in an email with this request and registered in HPDE 3. I also read that you can request an instructor to ride with you to be sure you're comfortable in HPDE 3 or they'll bump you back to HPDE 2. I know the racing techniques, racing line, flags, track safety, etc...... Look forward to seeing everyone next month and having some fun before the season ends.

427R
Hey everyone. So i have a bit of a dilemma. I registered for HPDE 3 at Mid-Ohio next month but I haven't ran NASA since last year at Mid-Ohio in April. I currently run HPDE at Waterford Hills Raceway which is a local track in Michigan but I've also ran at Michigan International Speedway and Pikes Peak International Raceway. I already sent in an email with this request and registered in HPDE 3. I also read that you can request an instructor to ride with you to be sure you're comfortable in HPDE 3 or they'll bump you back to HPDE 2. I know the racing techniques, racing line, flags, track safety, etc...... Look forward to seeing everyone next month and having some fun before the season ends.

Definately get an instructor to do a ride along. DE3 is pretty aggressive in GL & MW region and you want to be sure your ok within that class.

BabyFerrariRacing

Thanks. I really appreciate the help

countryboyshane

Hello from a fellow Michigander. I'm from the Bloomfield area.

If you have great situational awareness, have the flags memorized like the back of your hand, and can keep yourself from seeing the "red mist", you're probably good to go for HPDE 3. If in doubt, the HPDE wizard is helpful:

http://nasagreatlakes.com/rungroups/hpde/?page=HPDEWizard

I have only been to one NASA event, but more track days than I can remember with BMWCCA and PCA. I fit in great with HPDE 3.

NASA is very serious about making you a better driver. I am looking forward to October at Mid-Ohio!