Regions

esr

In the heyday of formula mazda there were 4 regions.

Going from San Francisco to Texas is not realistic for regional racing. Or going from Florida to Texas.

I think at minimum west, central, and east makes more sense.

But look at the old formula mazda regions. That was great!

I agree. I'm in Texas and going to the West or East coast are really long hauls for us here in the middle.

I know there are a bunch of racers in California so I can see having the West coast races there but if they aren't going to do a middle section of the country than something splitting the difference in travel for the East Coast Championship would likely draw more racers.

At some point if the fields get too crowded, that will have to happen.

I'm "supposed" to get mine end of October, building it myself. I'm figuring Nov and Dec for assembly, Jan and Feb to shake things down and start the season in March at Cresson.

That's my plan, we'll see how it works.

In the heyday of formula mazda there were 4 regions.

Going from San Francisco to Texas is not realistic for regional racing. Or going from Florida to Texas.

I think at minimum west, central, and east makes more sense.

But look at the old formula mazda regions. That was great!

Hey guys I was referring to the year around semi pro regional series they are taking about.

They will be eligible to run any/all regions of NASA (as far as I know from looking back at previous posts).

If I recall correctly; there was talk about a National "Series" that would travel around and participants accumulate points based on finishing position.

They will be eligible to run any/all regions of NASA (as far as I know from looking back at previous posts).

Are you familiar with the old formula mazda series I am talking about?

It was a national level series but instead of a 1 large nation wide series it divided the country into 4 or 5 regions. It had 30 or so entries in each region if I am not minstaken.

So for example you would have a south west region:

California

Nevada

Arizona

New Mexico

In the east more states would be in a region because of the proximitee.

If this does not make any sense, look into the old formula mazda series, before it became a 1 national series.

It was a national level series but instead of a 1 large nation-wide series it divided the country into 4 or 5 regions. It had 30 or so entries in each region if I am not minstaken.

California

Nevada

Arizona

New Mexico

If this does not make any sense, look into the old formula mazda series, before it became a 1 national series.

Yes, I remember FM. No, I do not think it would work that way with NP-01 (at least not at first). The initial numbers won't justify 3-4 regions exclusively for NP-01. Also, some people may not want to be limited to a region and may want to spend the money to travel nationally and compete all over (if given that option).

It was a national level series but instead of a 1 large nation-wide series it divided the country into 4 or 5 regions. It had 30 or so entries in each region if I am not minstaken.

California

Nevada

Arizona

New Mexico

Yes, I remember FM. No, I do not think it would work that way with NP-01 (at least not at first). The initial numbers won't justify 3-4 regions exclusively for NP-01. Also, some people may not want to be limited to a region and may want to spend the money to travel nationally and compete all over (if given that option).

how much would it cost to race in your series all over?

how much would it cost to race in your series all over?

In 'my' series? I don't have a series.

Entry fees + crew + travel + consumables = a lot of $$

Compared to paying for a Grand-Am seat? Pennies.