2015 RCR's for 2016 Rulebooks - 2016 rules released...

Al Watson

For the splitter (only) width:

Seems like it should be allowed to make the splitter width based on track width as has been said. I have wide flares on my old 3rd gen now to gather the track width allowable - so it seems like having the splitter as wide as the flares (or the track width + .5" (77") or so) makes sense to me.

Having wide flares but then being limited to the stock fender width +1.5 on the splitter seems counterproductive to me. Leave the splitter rule to be +5" sideways and to the front. I think I'm currently about at 2.5 - 3" wider than the stock fender with my splitter which matches right up to the flare width, which was fine with the old 5" rule.

I could see adding a 1.5" width to the canards / dive planes.

Can someone clarify the "drivers compartment"?

7.5.2 Venting, louvers, ducting etc for the purpose of aerodynamics is permitted anywhere on the car except within the drivers compartment or trunk area. Venting for the purpose of driver comfort is permitted anywhere on the car.

I was going to add a vent at the front edge of my door for wheel well air to escape, which had previously been okayed by Griswold.

we revised some things.

side aero is now 1.5" max beyond max allowed track width, so a mustang max track is 74" and aero is 77" max.

the venting language for driver compartment has been removed, went with any venting allowed.

The 2016 rules have been passed up to nasa hq and should be posted soon. AL.

• 2 weeks later...
we revised some things.

side aero is now 1.5" max beyond max allowed track width, so a mustang max track is 74" and aero is 77" max.

the venting language for driver compartment has been removed, went with any venting allowed.

The 2016 rules have been passed up to nasa hq and should be posted soon. AL.

Ok cool, so then for the GM guys, max aero would be the 76.5 + 3" = 79.5" correct?