NP01 Tour

bbutler1414

Rumors are beginning to circulate about where and when the NP will be in attendance.

Jeremey indicated that it will be in Kansas Sept 26th and 27th not MSR Texas as rumored.

A tenative schedule of any sort would certainly be of value at this point for those wishing to get a glimpse or maybe even a lap or two before writing a check.

• Members

At the Eastern States Champs, there was talk of them bringing the test mule to NJMP for the event October 16-18. Check with Joe Casella for verification on that. All I know for September is that it will not be at our Memphis event.

MSR Houston has a race next weekend and a few of the racers were led to believe that the NP would be there. I passed them the word today not to expect it. Jeremey says it will be at a Kansas venue.

Maybe, just maybe, someone in the know can provide some sort of schedule.

I don't know a full schedule, but I do know it will be at Kansas Speedway September 26-27. We have 4 hours of track time dedicated to it spread out throughout the weekend and 10 potential buyers with deposits to take it out.

• Members
I don't know a full schedule, but I do know it will be at Kansas Speedway September 26-27. We have 4 hours of track time dedicated to it spread out throughout the weekend and 10 potential buyers with deposits to take it out.

Way to go Matt. What is the old saying? Money talks...

Ok Shawn, how does the rest of the saying go?

Who's Matt that you're referring to? Possibly the unsigned previous post!

In my opinion, any post that is unsigned is to be taken without merit.

What's the comment about 9 or 10 potential buyers with deposits all about. You either put $30k down or not. Is the OO car going on tour doing rental rides? That's not such a bad idea, it's just hasn't been something that's been a known offering.

Where's the communication from Elan?

I'm really not trying to be negative, just starving to get this forum into the know. Rumors are not good and proper information from the project source is deserved by the investors! $30K types

• Members
Ok Shawn, how does the rest of the saying go?

Who's Matt that you're referring to? Possibly the unsigned previous post! In my opinion, any post that is unsigned is to be taken without merit.

What's the comment about 9 or 10 potential buyers with deposits all about. You either put $30k down or not. Is the OO car going on tour doing rental rides? That's not such a bad idea, it's just hasn't been something that's been a known offering.

Where's the communication from Elan?

I'm really not trying to be negative, just starving to get this forum into the know. Rumors are not good and proper information from the project source is deserved by the investors! $30K types

BS walks.

Matt is the Regional Director of the Central Region, so I would feel safe that the car will be at Kansas Speedway next week.

You are correct in your assumption that the 00 car is going on tour doing rental rides. My understanding, and I have not seen any final details on this so don't hold anyone to this, is that you can drive it for $500 and if you decide to purchase the car, that $500 is credited to your car. The purpose is not to make money on rentals but to convince people to buy cars. I have heard that for 2016 they will have a car for both the East & West to do this at events.

See this post from Dave on the Rocky Mountain region site who's region is having a crossover event with the Central region:

NASA NP01 - Test Drives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The serial # 000 NASA NP01 will be at Kansas Speedway and available for test drives on the September 26-27th weekend.

There are ONLY TWO slots left, so if you want one, please contact Matt Rivard ASAP. [email protected]

Test drive is $500 and that will be applied to the purchase price. Even if you don't buy one, it's worth the $500 just to drive.

Dave Balingit

Regional Director

dave @ nasarockymountain.com

Since I don't have anyone in my region that is ready to purchase, I did not put together anything to attempt to have the car at either of our remaining events, Memphis or Barber, this year.

I think you may be from the NOLA region so check with them to see if they are working on getting the car to the Nov 21 event.

In person (I saw it at the Eastern States Championships), the car looks mean just sitting still, sounds great when running, and looks great on track. When unveiled during the drivers meeting, I was ready to buy. If I would have test driven it like Dave Balingit, I probably would have been like him and put down my deposit. Matt was one of the first to put his deposit down.

Mark from Elan set a high bar. The NP01 progress thread was my favorite and I checked nearly every day to get the latest update from him. That communication is definitely missing. Hopefully, they will appoint someone to fill his shoes.

Hope this helps as I am trying to get out everything I know.

Thanks Shawn,

I started this thread to promote the NP01 and for the benefit of those racers that are following this car that have not made that first payment. I talked to several today at a porsche parade here in Nola. Most here know that I have serial no. 5 coming and are anxiously awaiting it's turn key arrival, as myself.

If the 00 Car is going to be available as stated at different venues,how are these potential buyers to know when and where if not on this forum?

P.S. We may have a few thunder Roasters headed to Barbers next month for the midsouth event. Look forward to meeting you.

Bobby, sorry for not having more details on a full schedule. I only know i really wanted to have it at our Kansas Speedway event. I have ordered the car, drove it at VIR, and excited to get one here to show so we can sell more.

Sorry for the confusion.

9 or 10 potential buyers have committed $500 to do a test drive. If they choose to not buy a car, they got one hell of a test drive. If they like the car and want to purchase one, they need to pony up and put down 50% deposit of $65k minus $500. So.... $32k.

15 of 15 first run kits have been spoken for and the full deposits of 50% have been made. I took #015. Not sure who has the others.

Elan is taking deposits on S/N 016 and up. http://nasaprototype.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/NP01-PRODUCTION-RESERVATION-Application.pdf

Car is available at MidOhio on October 2-4th.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/1928

Go to the bottom of the page and

select Seat Time-1 for $500.

Includes one 15min session.

Cost of Test Drive goes towards purchase price of race car.

Test Drive funds go directly to Elan Technologies, the provider of the NP01 Test Drive Program.

Time Slots are available in HPDE4 run group Fri., Sat., and Sun. Email [email protected] for your preferred time.

NP01 Test Contract must be signed.

Full safety gear is required, including H&N devices meeting 38.1. If you need to borrow a piece of safety gear please let us know and we can point you in the right direction.

Mark from Elan set a high bar. The NP01 progress thread was my favorite and I checked nearly every day to get the latest update from him. That communication is definitely missing. Hopefully, they will appoint someone to fill his shoes.

I'm new to the NP01 team. The more a learn each day about it just makes me want to sell everything I own to get one.

Mark did do an amazing job of showing progress during the development phase, the bar indeed is high. My hope is to continue what Mark started but add the element of social networking so you folks (who are ravenous about the car) can help promote it and grow the fields to make what should be an awesome spec class the best it can be.

So, please have little more patience, good stuff forthcoming.

• 3 weeks later...