First time HPDE1 Questions

AhmadHasib

I'll be attending my first event at Texas World Speedway on October 17-18 in the HPDE1 class. Had a few questions I was hoping to get some insight to.

I haven't received a schedule for the event as of yet. Does that get emailed closer to the event date?

I plan on having the car preregistered before the event date. Other than my helmet, is there any clothing restrictions?

Thanks.

Schedule is here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=131087

HPDE Rules are here: https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/282/2015.3.pdf

Start reading in section 3.

Good stuff here: https://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/

There will be a Welcome letter with specific information for TWS, likely posted Monday.

Here is the list of inspection shops, if you want to get your inspection done before coming to the track: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=40419

It's highly recommended you get your car checked out before arriving, so you have time to fix anything.

Otherwise there will be tech at the track. Times will be in the Welcome letter.

5.6 Minimum Attire

All participants must wear at least a T-shirt, short or long pants, and shoes (no open toed shoes). Shorts in the

pit lane are permitted except during sessions requiring refueling such as endurance racing. Some racetracks

may have more restrictive requirements.

3. Non-synthetic fabric clothing (i.e. cotton).

4. No open toed shoes, or tank tops may be worn in the car while on track.

5. Drivers should wear eye protection such as goggles, safety glasses or face shields preferably made of

new impact resistant materials.

Long pants and a long sleeved shirt are required by some tracks (Hallett). I can't remember if TWS is one of those tracks. So bring some you can change into if you need to.

• 4 months later...