8.3.E.9 Control Arm Replacement Question

wmfateam

I have a question regarding Section 8.3.E.9, control arm replacement in suspension modifications. It states that rear trailing arms may have spherical/metallic joint for the connection to the spindle/hub. In a RWD with a solid axle that has a four link, does that mean the side of the trailing arms that attaches to the axle may have spherical/metallic joints? Thanks for any and all help.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question regarding Section 8.3.E.9, control arm replacement in suspension modifications. It states that rear trailing arms may have spherical/metallic joint for the connection to the spindle/hub. In a RWD with a solid axle that has a four link, does that mean the side of the trailing arms that attaches to the axle may have spherical/metallic joints? Thanks for any and all help.

I have requested clarification from Greg regarding this, and I haven't received anything definite. It is in a list of suggestions that I plan to send to him soon (but maybe not soon enough).

Mark

Thank you for the response. I asked my regional and have not had a response yet.

Contact Greg Greenbaum.

Mark

Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed him and he got back to me same day. Looks like I would have to take points for spherical/metallic bushings on the axles side because they do not lump it in with spindle/hub.