Shortcutsleeping

2016 Allowable Drops - PLEASE DECIDE AND POST

Shortcutsleeping

Will & the directors:

It is that time of year again, most sanctioning bodies are posting up the 2016 schedule and those of us with potential work/other event conflicts need to start planning event weekends.

Yes, I know what the CCR says and I've already posted in the Blitz and TT facebook groups to crickets.

So, PLEASE PLEASE decide and post up what will happen in 2016 for NASA TX Champships.

One RD (on the side) said that this was being considered:

8 event weekends

EQUALS

32 races (4 per weekend)

16 TT events (2 per weekend)

For the nasa tx championship have:

BEST 24 races count (that is 6 race weekends)

BEST 12 TT events count (again, 6 race weekends)

(standard ccr rules for tie breakers)

if for some reason a weekend may have only 3 races (say a group wants a single 45 min race) then that long race counts as two towards the championship (or towards two drops).

This is just a suggestion and REGARDLESS PLEASE DECIDE AND POST UP SOON.

Or, if Texas is going to simply follow the ccr, then post up that we'll just follow the ccr.

thanks!

Costas

cars and such...

surlynkid

European-house-crickets-young-and-old.jpg

I am getting used to no info.

Will F.

Hey folks. This probably will not be determined until December. We're revisiting ideas here based on potential for how many weekends are currently listed on the schedule and the possibility of one of the TBA's not happening. We'll get this info posted as soon as we finalize something. Thanks for being patient here.

Thanks!

kbrew8991

with the schedule in flux the number of drops being in flux makes sense...

bpanther

And that is why the CCR suggests 10% vs a fixed number. Anytime you go against the CCR, issues tend to arise.

RCarmichael77

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of modification to the allowable drops, especially if we're adding NOLA to the mix. That's an 8+ hour drive for us in DFW and still a 6+ hour drive for those in Houston (who also have a long hall to Hallet the next race - 3 weeks later).

EricJo
I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of modification to the allowable drops, especially if we're adding NOLA to the mix. That's an 8+ hour drive for us in DFW and still a 6+ hour drive for those in Houston (who also have a long hall to Hallet the next race - 3 weeks later).

Why not reward the folks who are willing to make the drive?

We don't get to compete with people who don't show up.

NASA doesn't get entry fees for the people who don't show up.

Granted this is amateur racing, but what other series has 'drops' in the season standings? Why?

Why not use the season standing to encourage people to show up and increase the number of entries?

haase1375

incentive, incentive, incentive, that what makes people tick, If a racer makes all the races in 2016 give them a free weekend in 2017

merry x to all

Shortcutsleeping
And that is why the CCR suggests 10% vs a fixed number. Anytime you go against the CCR, issues tend to arise.

Makes sense. However Blitz did not follow the CCR last year and there has been no announcement on what will be done for 2016 and the season starts in a few weeks.

Regardless, it still does not answer my original question.

I also understand the thought process on NO drops, and rewarding attendance.

But that also does not answer my original question.

Maybe we'll know before the first race weekend....

Costas

cars and such...

kbrew8991
Why not reward the folks who are willing to make the drive?

Do you want your season champ to be the guy that showed up the most often but in some cases may have not won at all, or was the fastest but only showed up to one or two tracks, or some mix of the two and if so how much of each? Answer that question then set your policy accordingly.

Keep in mind that in some cases drops can help with attendance ie "well, I have work/family/whatever obligation that I can't skip for weekend X, but my drops cover it so I'm still in the running if I make the rest of them" vs "well that obligation will knock me out anyway so I'll just run the couple near me since I can't win the season". Also there's the factor to consider that dropping a weekend you ran poorly is still and advantage over dropping a weekend you didn't show up to at all (thus rewarding people who showed up, albeit in some cases this is a tiny advantage depending.) And having a drop in your back pocket for mid-event breakage is also an advantage vs burning it by not showing up (yes, sometimes that's a small advantage if any at all, but..).

Just things to think about when setting all this up so you pick something that makes the most people happy and rewards the things you want to reward. Enjoy!

Firouz H.

I have agree with Paul, it is a long season and things come up where someone can not make all the races. with that being said it is not fare for someone that makes all the races, I thing long distance races like hallett or Nola

should have a bonus points attached to them. enough bonus to make up a dropped race.

merry x

happy new year

firouz

surlynkid

......................and here we are with the first race 11 days away and no answer to Paul's question.

Will F.

Posted as an announcement at the top of the forum.