Sign in to follow this  
Magus2727

Using NASA Tech Station on HPDE?

Magus2727

I am curious to know what my corner weight is on my Car as I am working on moving up from HPDE into eventual TT. While participating and driving in a HPDE is it appropriate (while the tech station is not actively inspecting or looking at cars after a session) to ask the NASA operators of the inspection station if you can do a drive through and get the weight of your car?

kpearson

I cannot speak for all regions, but most regions don't mind weighing non-competition cars if there isn't an impound going on.

t500hps
I cannot speak for all regions, but most regions don't mind weighing non-competition cars if there isn't an impound going on.

Ditto.....I'm not sure MA has corner weights although I get total weight checked all the time.

drivinhardz06

most impound scales are there to get the total weight, and they aren't going nuts getting all 4 pads dead level. So I wouldn't put much faith in what your 4 individual corner weights are going to be at a track impound, likely not what you are going to get in a shop on a properly leveled scale platform.

Magus2727

Thank you. While I am not looking for accurate at least it would give me a good idea where I am currently at for over all and a rough idea for corners even if its not level. the tech impound where they set up is in a garage and has a fairly level surface. some idea is better than what I currently have which is no idea. only thing I have to go off of is off the sticker and what some others report.