BabyFerrariRacing

Clarification on fender flares

BabyFerrariRacing

I read through the rules and it says you won't get assessed points for flared fenders but tubbing isn't allowed. What about fender flares? The only modification that'll be done is cutting the fender to install the flares.

Greg G.
I read through the rules and it says you won't get assessed points for flared fenders but tubbing isn't allowed. What about fender flares? The only modification that'll be done is cutting the fender to install the flares.

Normally, I would say as long as you are not messing with the inner aspect of the wheel well, you are fine. But, there was this proposed rule for ST3 this year, that didn't end up in the final draft, but may come back for ST4 (or ST5/6) (or PT4, PT5, PT6 or whatever they may be called) in the future, that could affect your car.

NOT A CURRENT RULE--WAS PROPOSED FOR ST3 in '16, BUT NOT APPROVED

8) Rear quarter panels

The following are permitted exceptions to 7.3.2.A above:

8a) Flaring/rolling/cutting of the outside aspect of the rear fenders and/or adding

additional material as fender flares for the purpose of tire clearance or venting for

aerodynamic and/or cooling purposes is permitted.

8b) Repair of body damage with body filler putty or fiberglass is permitted, but at

least 80% of the original body panel material must remain.

I would be happy to take a look at photos of what you are proposing by e-mail to assist you....

BabyFerrariRacing

Thanks. Just sent you an email with the pictures