Broke Neck

Road Atlanta Questions

Broke Neck

Hey guys/gals .... a handful of us Mid Atlantic guys are comming down for the Road Atlanta event in March, none of which have ever been to RA.

1. Will there be a practice day on Friday? (Im assuming not since there was no option for it)

2. What time will the allow you in the gate? (Id like to drop my trailer at the track instead of trying to take it into downtown Atlanta on Friday)

3. Whats the power situation like? VIR has quite a few power poles.

4. Lodging at the track? Or close by recommendations by those who have stayed in those hotels.

5. Place to get drinks and socialize with the locals at the track?

Looking forward to checking out RA for the first time and meeting a few of you SE NASA racers. We have a couple DE3 guys, SM, and PTE guys comming down.

dbrad

Here are some thoughts to help with planning

1. Will there be a practice day on Friday? (Im assuming not since there was no option for it)

Keep on eye on this forum. On occasion there is a single track event on the Friday (Just Trackit I think).

2. What time will the allow you in the gate? (Id like to drop my trailer at the track instead of trying to take it into downtown Atlanta on Friday)

There is usually tech & registration night before event from 5 to 7. Check back am sure someone will update.

FYI - Braselton is a good drive down into Atlanta

I missed the last RA event and we were all on the inside of the track. Not sure if we will have access to both paddocks or all be on the inside. Am sure someone will update prior to the event.

4. Lodging at the track? Or close by recommendations by those who have stayed in those hotels.

BEST WESTERN PLUS

Lake Lanier/Gainesville Hotel & Suites

4535 Oakwood Road, Oakwood, Georgia 30566

770/535-8080

They have a NASA rate of $74. I've stayed numerous times. It's relatively new and nice and clean with a basic breakfast.

Lots of new watering holes 10 minutes north and south of the track

Hope this helps!

Broke Neck

Yes sir!

I would be avoiding Atlanta all together but I booked a dive at the aquarium with the wife.

Ill hit the best western.

Looking gorward to the trip down.

Broke Neck

Are there showers at the track?

dbrad
Are there showers at the track?

Yes

trackaddict
Hey guys/gals .... a handful of us Mid Atlantic guys are coming down for the Road Atlanta event in March, none of which have ever been to RA.

Just Track It will be hosting an HPDE on Friday March 11. We have a 3 run group format for this event - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. All passing is by point-by much like NASA HPDE. Advanced has passing anywhere on the track. Novice and Intermediate have passing on the straights only. Registration is already open at http://justtrackit.net/2016-calendar/road-atlanta-march-11-2016/ with the tentative event schedule also posted. We provide a lot of track time so you can get ready for a successful race weekend.

We also allow NASA drivers who are not registered to drive with us to enter the paddock during our event for your convenience. While we would love to have you register to drive with us, we welcome you to come in and get set up for the weekend at your leisure. I am still not sure if we will use the pro paddock or the support paddock. We will likely do whatever is most convenient for those who are staying for the NASA weekend so I will be getting with Jim and Julie to work that out.

We had a great turn out in December and the Advanced group quickly filled up so we had to use Intermediate as an overflow. Register early to make sure you have a spot.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to send me a message, visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/JustTrackIt/ and message me there too.

Best,

Nabil

sonny
Hey guys/gals .... a handful of us Mid Atlantic guys are comming down for the Road Atlanta event in March, none of which have ever been to RA.

Power poles are aplenty in the Pro-Paddock. The power is being redone in the Support Paddock & no word on when it'll be completed as of yet. The last 2 events there, we were solely in the Pro-Paddock. When we used both sides, the racers/TT are in the Pro & everyone else in the Support.

Besides the Best Western PLUS in Lake Lanier, there's also the Best Western Braselton Inn which is slightly closer to the track. There's also the Holiday Inn Express Braselton. I've stayed at all 3 in the past. The HIE is starting to show it's age & as a result the prices aren't justified. I suggest out of the 3, find your lowest rate & go with it.

Plenty of places. Usually, the Pro Paddock has more than 3 or 4 friendly grps imbibing beverages. Bring a 6-pack & I'm sure you'd be more than welcomed!

Looking forward to checking out RA for the first time and meeting a few of you SE NASA racers. We have a couple DE3 guys, SM, and PTE guys coming down.

I usually go over turn-by-turn video of the track in DE3 classroom. All are welcome to drop into my classroom sessions.