2016 Season

Salvisol

Who's planning to run this coming 2016 season?

It seems like this class is only surviving in Utah and maybe some of the southern and western regions. I'm curious of what regions will have active racers this year.

^^Nice to hear.

I have an 03 350Z that I picked up recently. I think it would be a good candidate for SpecZ or TTC/PTC. However I already have a caged 91 Nissan NX2000 that I plan to drive in PT. Maybe at some point in the future if there is enough competition in the Southeast I'll make the move to RWD and build up the Z.

Hopefully this class grows and stays relatively cheap. It would be crappy to have guys with thousands of dollars in their engines like you find in Spec Miata.

• 2 weeks later...

Be nice to do the track they use in pro racing.

How about picking a couple of dates in Utah when we can all meet and have a massive group.

I am considering coming up there from SF, just need to get a nicer truck!

Or find a place to rent one.

Rocky Mountain may have up to 6 participants this year:

http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?t=6970

• 2 weeks later...

Last year at least two RM Spec Z participants made it out to at least one event at Miller. In informal chats with other prospective and current RM Spec Z guys, they expressed an interest in making the effort to get out to Miller as well.

My plan is to do two events minimum at Miller per year, in addition to the RM events. Unfortunately, my Spec Z purchase has been delayed, probably until next year-I have a wedding and honeymoon to pay for.

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone is always welcome to come to Utah! We had 9 starters our first weekend, but have around 18 total cars, with several in HPDE moving up. Its a great class.