Sign in to follow this  

Any Legends guys using a Kirkey Sprint Deluxe Upright Seat?

I just got a new Kirkey Sprint Deluxe Upright 10 degree layback seat for my Legend. The seat allows me more legroom by being more upright and also by having the kick up at the front thigh area to actually push my legs upward while at the same time pulling them back some. I am needing help on mounting the seat in my LC because it is now about 2" back farther than where the factory welded front side seat brackets are located. The INEX rules allow seats to be mounted directly to the floor pan but I am concerned about the safety of that type mounting since there is no side brace/bracket there for mounting. Any advice? Thanks

I used flat steel plates 1/8" thick bolted to the factory side seat mounts and reaching back a couple inches to the seat.

Once everything is tightned up it is solid.

Be sure to use grade 5 or better bolts, and large flat washers against the aluminum seat.

Hope this helps,

David

I just got a new Kirkey Sprint Deluxe Upright 10 degree layback seat for my Legend. The seat allows me more legroom by being more upright and also by having the kick up at the front thigh area to actually push my legs upward while at the same time pulling them back some. I am needing help on mounting the seat in my LC because it is now about 2" back farther than where the factory welded front side seat brackets are located. The INEX rules allow seats to be mounted directly to the floor pan but I am concerned about the safety of that type mounting since there is no side brace/bracket there for mounting. Any advice? Thanks