ST3 Dyno Cert Paperwork - Greg?

brkntrxn

Greg,

We are completing my 2016 paperwork and I have a question for clarification. On the dyno certification form for ST3/TT3, do we still list the "Map 1: Max HP" at the bottom or do we put the new "average hp"? By reading the definitions in the ST class rules, I think I should list the MAX HP on the dyno cert form and the AVERAGE HP on the classification form. Is this correct?

I have heard of others putting the average number on both forms and I am not sure that is the intent of the forms.

Dyno Cert Form:

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/297/NASA_ST-PT-TT_Dyno_Certification_Form--12-5-15.pdf

ST Classification Form:

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/421/ST_Car_Classification_Form_2016_v10.1--12-7-15.pdf

Definitions per ST Rules:

Avg HP = Average HP calculated and used in in the Adjusted Wt/HP Ratio

Max HP = Maximum horsepower shown on the actual Dyno graph

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/4272/2016_ST_and_SU_Official_Rules.pdf

• National Staff

Kevin,

The Max HP should be listed on the Dyno Cert. Form as in the past. It is fine to list the Avg HP as well. Since you should be including the rpm vs HP table data export, the Avg HP (and the numbers used) should be shown on that sheet. The Car Classification Form for ST3 should have the Avg HP listed that the car must be compliant with to be legal--so, this number includes room for Dyno variance.

Assuming we convert all ST/PT/TT classes to Avg HP next year, we will update the Dyno Cert. Form to include these extra data points. For now, we just need to have them somewhere.

Kevin,

The Max HP should be listed on the Dyno Cert. Form as in the past. It is fine to list the Avg HP as well. Since you should be including the rpm vs HP table data export, the Avg HP (and the numbers used) should be shown on that sheet. The Car Classification Form for ST3 should have the Avg HP listed that the car must be compliant with to be legal--so, this number includes room for Dyno variance.

Assuming we convert all ST/PT/TT classes to Avg HP next year, we will update the Dyno Cert. Form to include these extra data points. For now, we just need to have them somewhere.

Thanks, Greg. Makes sense.

On my ST3 and TT3 paperwork, I will enter the actual Max HP and actual Avg HP on the dyno cert form. Then enter a "padded" Avg HP on the classification forms for dyno variances. Makes sense.

-Kevin