darbyfam

NASA NOLA May 21/22 Event Thread

Rick Worth

Is there a place to leave the car and trailer at the track if we come down Thursday for the NASA event for May 21-22? Thanks

Rick Worth

309 824-2726

NASA Mid-South

touchton

Hi Rick,

Give the track a call and ask for Scott Foremaster or email him at scott@nolamotor.com about trailer storage.

Also as an FYI, the track is hosting an Open Track Day on Fri May 20 that you are welcome to participate in. Here is link for registration: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/open-track-day-for-cars-at-nola-may-20-2016-north-motorsports-park-709131#.VxcO6RMrJ-U

Also the Thurs (May 19) is SCCA Track Night in America: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1983178-track-night-2016-new-orleans-may-19

Rick Worth

Thanks for the reply. I did get a hold of Scott and got an answer. Thanks again.

Hi Rick,

Give the track a call and ask for Scott Foremaster or email him at scott@nolamotor.com about trailer storage.

Also as an FYI, the track is hosting an Open Track Day on Fri May 20 that you are welcome to participate in. Here is link for registration: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/open-track-day-for-cars-at-nola-may-20-2016-north-motorsports-park-709131#.VxcO6RMrJ-U

Also the Thurs (May 19) is SCCA Track Night in America: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1983178-track-night-2016-new-orleans-may-19

rmj951

How many races per day & how many race groups? Also what group does ST run with?

stevensa

Same questions as above. Also, will a supersize option be available for those wanting to run in the race groups and tt?

darbyfam

A schedule should be out any day now.

4master

Morning Gents,

The current schedule has us running 2 races each day (a 25 minute race and a 20 minute race).

We are currently running one race group (this may change to 2 race groups if numbers dictate which will also change the schedule - although we will still plan running 2 races each day).

We do not have a supersize option.

The goal is to have the NASA packet emailed out to all current registrants next week.

Looking forward to this event!

Scott Foremaster

Clavette
Same questions as above. Also, will a supersize option be available for those wanting to run in the race groups and tt?

When are you going to sign up? I think we're at 7 now in TT3.

stevensa

Doesn't look like I am going to, no super size option = no TT for me. Paying 2 full entry prices to only run a couple TT sessions is just too expensive.

Clavette

Doesn't look like I am going to, no super size option = no TT for me. Paying 2 full entry prices to only run a couple TT sessions is just too expensive.

That sucks. Will you be at Hallett?

loftygoals

This is my first venture to NOLA, and I'm very excited as it has been a while since I've visited a "new to me" track.

Unfortunately, I won't be making the test day on Friday and will be arriving Friday afternoon or evening. Does anyone know how late I can gain admittance to the track on Friday and if Motorhome camping will be allowed Friday and Saturday night?

Thanks,

-bj

bbursey

Hi folks -

I'm heading across from Houston for the May 20-22 weekend at NOLA. Could anyone recommend a decent, clean hotel somewhere near the track? I've never been to the area before.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers,

Bryan

4master

BJ Meyer,

You can gain access to the park prior to 9pm. If you arrive after, we have parking in our parking lot by the main gate near the security shack.

If you need a reserved RV spot with power, please contact Reynell Alexander at reynell@nolamotor.com.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you there.

Scott Foremaster

Bedmonds

Scott once we have a wristband it's 24 hour access, correct?

loftygoals

Thanks for the reply, Scott. I've sent Reynell a message and I'm very excited to experience NOLA!

-bj

stevensa

Will the 2016 NASA Annual Tech Sticker/Logbook from the Texas region be accepted at NOLA, or will we have to go through another tech process?

Bedmonds
Scott once we have a wristband it's 24 hour access, correct?

Bump for my question.

darbyfam
Will the 2016 NASA Annual Tech Sticker/Logbook from the Texas region be accepted at NOLA, or will we have to go through another tech process?

Your annual tech will be accepted. Scott will have to answer the question on access but I am pretty sure it's 24 hour access once you have a band.

4master

Brian Edmonds,

Once you have your wristband, it is 24 hour access to the park. Without a wristband, once karting closes for the evening, no access is granted to the park until the next morning.

Thanks and see you next week.

Scott

fatfinger55

In addition to your annual tech sheet and logbook, please be sure to bring dyno and classification forms, as required by the rules for whichever class that you are running.

Thanks!

Bedmonds

Any Spec E30's for rent down there? We have had some interest in rentals.

fatfinger55
Any Spec E30's for rent down there? We have had some interest in rentals.

I am not aware of any. We have GTS2 & GTS3 E36s for rent, but they are booked for the May event.

rmj951

I have a SU car for rent.

Hastarock

Blitz? More like Blitzkreig !

Includes SU along side PTF.

I may return when SU doesn't run with PTSlow.