Time Trial "Covered Battery" Clarification

RosenberryRacing

Hello...

On the Annual Race Car / TT Technical Inspection Form under "Miscellaneous" it lists "covered battery inside cockpit".

I have a Corvette Z06 which has the battery located in the hatch behind the passenger rear wheel well. There is a recessed location where the battery is mounted and there is a plastic door/cover that is part of the carpet in the hatch. This passed tech inspection last year. This year I have removed the carpet so also removed the cover/door in an effort to reduce weight. The picture below is what this looks like with the carpet removed. The battery is a sealed, spill-proof, AGM battery.

So, my question is whether or not I need to put this battery in a battery box? If so, I'd rather try to figure that out this week instead of after failing tech on Friday. I am competing in Time Trial. If I missed something on the forum or in the rules that would answer my question, please point me in that direction. Thanks for your help!

xdbf6c.jpg

Thanks, Nick

CCR section 11.4.9 is where you can find the answer

Excellent, thank you! Turns out I looked through the Time Trial rules, but not the CCR. For anyone else that may stumble upon this post, 11.4.9 reads:

11.4.9 Battery

The battery should be securely fastened to the car. No Bungee cords or rubber cords may be used to function

as the sole hold down mechanism. An electrically non-conductive material should cover the positive battery

terminal. Any battery located inside the driver’s compartment should be fully covered and firmly secured to the

chassis (or tub) in a marine type battery case. Dry cell, gel cell, and AGM batteries may be mounted without a

surrounding case, however a case is still recommended.