Sign in to follow this  
willf

MSR Cresson Welcome letters

willf

Hey folks,

1. Parking

Cresson already has a relatively small paddock for a 200+ car event. With the weather that the area has had over the last week and scheduled to continue through Friday, many of the grass areas that people like to park will be unusable. This makes our paddock smaller than usual. The comfort of everybody attending strongly depends on not taking up even an inch more than you'll be using. I beg that you be kind to those arriving after you and park as close as you can to the participant next to you. This isn't the usual 'getting there early to get a prime land grab space', it's about being kind to the other 200 drivers attending this weekend. If there are large gaps, NASA staff will be asking you to move closer to the person next to you so please try to fill in tight as every inch adds up when it comes to over 200 entries in this paddock. We definitely don't want to have to inconvenience anybody's day by asking them to move, but we will have to if participants are not parking as tight as possible when arriving.

2. Facility Entry/Event waiver

Cresson is unique in that there is no gate. This allows people to come and go at many times without a staff member signing people in at the facility entrance. It is still mandatory, whether there is a staff member present or not, that every person entering the facility signs the event waiver. If you arrive and there is nobody signing people in, you'll need to go to Driver Info upstairs in the clubhouse to sign the event waiver and get a wristband. Participants will not be let out on track without this waiver wristband. This is not just something requested to protect NASA from liability, but it's also what guarantees participants NASA's event insurance coverage. NASA has a policy that covers anybody in attendance for up to $1 Million of medical insurance should they get injured at the event. Any drivers, crew, friends, family, and spectators that are present at the event need to sign the waiver in order to be covered by this insurance.

These letters start to get more and more information so I broke up HPDE from the TT/Race welcome.

HPDE welcome can be found here: https://www.nasaproracing.com/texas/Welcome_letter_2016_HPDE.pdf

Race and TT can be found here: https://www.nasaproracing.com/texas/Welcome_letter_2016_TT_Race.pdf

See y'all at the track!

willf

Hey folks!

With the challenge of grass not being friendly to park on this weekend I've arranged for the 1.3 track to be used for overflow parking. I'm heading to the track this morning and will come up with a traffic plan for this with the track management when I arrive. I will email this plan out tonight to all registered participants.