ProChallenge racecar ok for HPDE?

sydewaysix

Are there any rules against running a motorcycle-powered, single seater ProChallenge racecar in HPDE? These are similar to Baby Grand cars but a bit larger in scale. They are fully caged, tube frame, etc with no reverse gear (if that matters). I usually run in HPDE 4 with my other cars, but would likely start off in HPDE 3 with this car until I get used to it. Would there be any concerns or issues getting this car on track?

http://www.prochallenge.net/2014_Season/PCRaceCars_2014.html

If you're in a high enough group to be solo approved, and it passes tech to race, I don't see how it could be an issue in just HPDE. Double check with your region to be sure.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it should pass tech with no problems. Also, as long as I remove the window net I will be able to get my hand out for a point-by.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it should pass tech with no problems. Also, as long as I remove the window net I will be able to get my hand out for a point-by.

No window net required for HPDE, so you're good.

BTW, I really want one of these cars. Too bad the $$ fairy hasn't been kind enough.

Anyone have advice on how to install a brake light switch? I don't think I'll have a problem cutting the rear and instilling the lights, just not sure how to go about instilling a switch to the pedal. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

If your car was set up for Road Racing it has brake lights (small) if set up differently you will need to

add brake lights....go for the LED's...Fun Car i have one that i only drove 4 times.....Invested over 80K

would let it go for 10K