Sign in to follow this  
stephenkirsh

How to get sign off for HPDE 2

stephenkirsh

I did an HPDE 1 session last year and my instructor said I was good to go for HPDE 2, but I wanted to do another session of HPDE 1. I'm doing an HPDE 1 session in May and want to get signed off to go up to HPDE 2.

What all do I need to have "signed"? Is there an actual form?

Smike

You should have received a NASA Passport. If not, no worries. Head to your NASA Central to get a new one.

To be signed off to HPDE2, you should be able to do all of the prescribed HPDE1 skills. Your instructor will sign your passport off when you are approved for DE2.

A good overview that we use in GL/MW:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32ZOi2YVRlmOElFSkRadnR5T0k/view

It is based of the Passport. If you can do all of the items listed, then you should match what the Passport is requiring.

stephenkirsh

ok thanks.

UrbanKnight

When you sign up for your next event as HPDE1, put in your notes that you want a HPDE2 checkride. Thats how we do it in the SE and FL regions if you are requesting a bump or planning to bump.

stephenkirsh

I've contacted the director of my region asking how to proceed, no response.

I guess I'll start a thread in the region subforum. Either way... NorCal region isn't making it very easy to even determine HOW I should go about doing this.

stephenkirsh

Hi,

May @ Sonoma will be my second HPDE1 event, and I'd like to be signed off to go up to group 2.

I've been told I need a Passport or something, but don't know how to get it. I've contacted NorCal leader with no response. How do I proceed with this?

Calif_Kid

IIRC, the passport is a little book that they'll give you at the track, and the instructor can write in comments about your driving, in addition to signing you off from HPDE-1 to 2 etc. like what Smike replied in your other thread viewtopic.php?f=28&t=131584. I think that it doesn't hurt to spend a few events in HPDE-1 with different instructors at each event, as they may spot different things wrong or need improvement in your driving, and it is better to get those things identified early, so you can go faster more safely.

PS - when I need info from Nasa Norcal, I typically send it to Scott Smith at scott@drivenasa.com plus also Jerry Kunzman, and they typically reply within a day. - Jim

stephenkirsh

Damn, brain fart. I thought I posted the other one in the general "HPDE" subforum. Maybe I did, and it got moved here? Admin: feel free to merge the threads.

Anyway... I asked my instructor last time about getting the passport, as he verbally passed me, but he gave some strange answer that I don't recall.

I did indeed email Scott, but no response. I'll try again.

stephenkirsh

I got a response the other week from Scott confirming I get them from my instructor.

I'll make sure to ask my instructor right off the bat. Thanks for the help guys!