Steve91T

CMP TT3 lap times?

Steve91T

Hey guys. I'm going to do my first time trial at the May event at CMP. I'm planning on running TT3 in my 97 Camaro. Right now my comp weight is about 3400, but my hp is low, probably 260-280 rwhp. Eventually I'll swap my LT1 for an LS1 and have about 350 rwhp while dropping close to 100 lbs.

Anyway, I'd like to start doing TT's despite my low hp. At CMP, I'm consistently running 1:52's on old Nitto NT01's.

I know it's a decent time, but I really have nothing to compare to. Does anyone know about what times TT3 cars run at CMP? I just want to make sure I'm not going to get run over out there.

Thanks guys,

Steve

brkntrxn

TT3 lap record is a 1:38.05

dbrad

Geez Kevin - trying to scare the crap out of him

Brendan and I ran 1:49 in TT3 at the Feb event in CMP. Weather was cold and horsepower high so you'll be competitive with our cars.

The horsepower weight ratio changed for 2016 so you should be competitive. But you just never know who will show up.

Glad to see another car coming out for TT3.

Steve91T

Geez Kevin - trying to scare the crap out of him

Brendan and I ran 1:49 in TT3 at the Feb event in CMP. Weather was cold and horsepower high so you'll be competitive with our cars.

The horsepower weight ratio changed for 2016 so you should be competitive. But you just never know who will show up.

Glad to see another car coming out for TT3.

1:38? Wow that's hauling.

That's great that I'll be close to you guys. I'm sure my tires are going to start taking off soon, but that's ok. They'll be good enough for one more weekend.

I saw the power to weight for TT3 changed. I'm still running a bone stock LT1, that's why my power is down. But I've done a lot of other work to the car so it's pretty fast in the corners. With the new rules, my ratio will be 9.5. Right now I'm between 12 and 13:1.

Was it just you two in TT3 in February? Are there usually more?

sperkins

CMP usually has a good turnout for TT3 although it's hit or miss. Entry numbers have fallen off in the last year or so, but I hope that changes as the ever changing rule set stabilizes.

You can take a look at previous results and class participation numbers on the NASA SE MyLpas web page.

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/nasa-se/41593

dbrad
That's great that I'll be close to you guys. I'm sure my tires are going to start taking off soon, but that's ok. They'll be good enough for one more weekend.

I saw the power to weight for TT3 changed. I'm still running a bone stock LT1, that's why my power is down. But I've done a lot of other work to the car so it's pretty fast in the corners. With the new rules, my ratio will be 9.5. Right now I'm between 12 and 13:1.

You may want to hold off on the engine swap. TT class changes coming in 2017 including an ST4 class which might be a good fit. The engine swap may put you in TT2 and those guys haul tail

Yes was only 2 in Feb in TT3 but it was bitter cold. I see another driver is already registered so with you already at 4 with a long time before the event. Keep in mind There are fast TTB, TTC, etc. cars you'll be running with as well. It will be a good time!

Steve91T

I'm running an LT1 right now, but I'm swapping to an LS1 which will give me 350 rwhp with just a tune, plus it's 80 lbs lighter and way more reliable. It can always be tuned back to stock which is about 320 rwhp. Or I can add a cam and get 400+.

Honestly, by the time I ready to do the swap, we'll probably have a pretty good idea what the new rules look like.

So something came up and I'm not going to be there on Saturday. I'm still planning on running Sunday though. This will be my first TT, and I haven't done a NASA HPDE in a while, so who do I need to email to get a license? Jim Pantas?

dbrad

You'll need to request a check ride with Danny Parkhurst or John Haff