Sign in to follow this  
JasonL_NorCal

HPDE 1 - no two-day?

JasonL_NorCal

Hi, all.

I'm researching a possible HPDE 1 visit to Sonoma in September (9/10-11). The registration page has two-day packages for HPDE 2+, but only has the individual days available for HPDE 1.

Is it not common/recommended for level 1 drivers to do both days? More common that drivers will do 1 on Sat and 2 on Sun? I'm mainly curious about the lack of a 2-day and wondering if there's a reason for it I'm missing.

Thanks!

Calif_Kid
Hi, all. I'm researching a possible HPDE 1 visit to Sonoma in September (9/10-11). The registration page has two-day packages for HPDE 2+, but only has the individual days available for HPDE 1.

Is it not common/recommended for level 1 drivers to do both days? More common that drivers will do 1 on Sat and 2 on Sun? I'm mainly curious about the lack of a 2-day and wondering if there's a reason for it I'm missing. Thanks!

Yes, I believe that it is quite common for many HPDE-1 students to do both days. When you look at HPDE-2, you see that they give a slight price break if the person chooses to run the full weekend, but for HPDE-1, there is a set price per day, and no choice or price break if you want to run both days. I'm guessing that they get so many HPDE-1 students, that they just offer the single days and don't have to worry about giving a slight price break for the weekend. If you really want to know, then I suggest you e-mail Scott Smith at [email protected] or [email protected]. FYI... - Jim