Eastern Schedule and Entry List Now Available!

getfast

Yes, we typically start with the prior year's final schedule for each year's first draft. All is subject to input and revision (we published something like 10 updated versions for ESC @ VIR last fall) so please email in your thoughts. We're only as good as what people tell us they don't love. Thank you sir!

I'm sure every class would rather they have the first Championship race on the last day!!!! (I put in a vote for my class to race first on Sunday too!!! )

Well, I vote that the schedule not be the exact same as last year. Group A starts and ends early on fri/sat but races last on sun again. We are off track for over 24 hours, again. Regionally, the early/late has alternated weekend to weekend at least in the northeast. Also, why have groups prepare for the final in the wrong time of the day than the finals? More practically, just looking for a little shared pain on the late tow.

Thank you! For what it's worth - this is a prelim schedule and we expect a number of changes to be required. And this is one of the reasons why waiting until late to register can be problematic. For example, If we end up getting a flood of GTS entries over the next couple weeks, that race will probably move up earlier in the day to accommodate dyno runs. But if nobody signs up until 5 minutes before registration closes, that may be too late. Long story short - please help us get more registrations so you can all get a better time slot Thanks again

As it says in the event regs:

8) Each class must have at least 4 entries by midnight (EST), September 12, 2016 in order to be defined as a “Championship Race”.

9) Those drivers that enter an undersubscribed class will be given notice and provided a full refund or offered the opportunity to compete in another eligible class.

Not signing up is NOT how you get 4 in a class. What if there are others just waiting to see more names on the list before they sign up also? I strongly recommend signing up regardless since there's no risk (i.e. class bump or full refund) Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Haha, sorry! One particular group that ran late or last for several prior years had some input, as also mentioned earlier in this thread. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, etc They were right though - we need to rotate things around every year in terms of early vs late championship races. On the plus side you're theoretically done an hour earlier #becauseWGI...