Who will the dyno be this year?

vwmann1

Does anyone know who will be the dryo's this year? After last year, I want to be able to get some base line numbers before the weekend begins.

Jon

I understand that you are having a hard time finding a second dyno, but only having one really concerns me. All other years where there has been only one dyno not all cars were dyno'd at the end of the championship races and a real shit storm of problems ensued. Accusations of cheating, not being able to adequate judge if a competitor was in compliance or not, and I don't want to see that happen again. I feel it is reasonable for all the competitors to know that the racers who won, did that fair and square. Last year with two dynos all podium finishers were run after each race and there were no questions about the finishes. There were questions about the dyno consistency, but not the finishes. If NASA is going to run as many hp/weight classes as they do, they have a real obligation to provide enough capacity to dyno all classes and all podium finishers. We spend enough money for this event to realistically expect that. Thanks for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Second dyno has been booked!

It looks like we will be handling its reservation and payment for all runs on Thursday and any non-NASA-requested runs on Fri-Sat-Sun. These will be the same price as the other dyno, with everything the same, except one dyno you book through its owner and the other you book through us for now. This is only due to a potential staffing shortage with the second dyno crew (long story.)

Anyway more on all this soon including which classes are assigned to which dyno, and the process for reserving time on the second one. [To reserve time on the first one, call the number at the bottom of the "East" page at nasachampionships.com of course.]

Thanks,

Dyno and scale assignments by class have just been posted as a pdf linked from http://nasachampionships.com/east-event .

To book Thursday time on Dyno #1 please call Todd at 336-624-7456.

To book Thursday time on Dyno #2 please email me at [email protected] (as mentioned above we're simply helping those guys with scheduling.)

Thanks so much,

Jon