facilities availability for camping at the track

BADVENM

Hi, haven't seen or may have missed information regarding those of us who would like to camp at the track.

Are we allowed to trailer camp? Are there facilities like showers and stuff if we were to trailer camp? Any other information I'm not thinking of that would be useful?

I was just up there for my first time last week to practice and (hopefully) whip up on all of you guys.

Yes, you'll have everything you need. There are several bathhouses/showers very close to where the main paddock/garages are and trailer camping is expected of all CMC drivers! Power is first come/first serve for $$$ but there seems to be alot of it (especially 110V) around the outer sections near the garages. AC will likely not be needed but heat very likely will. (It was 52 at night there last week but I raced in VA 4 weeks ago at 102 with a low of 88 at night!). I think there is a cafeteria or something but I usually bring everything I need in a toyhauler so didn't check on that.

Note: you will not be able to get in early! Usually the tracks around here have some sort of staging area but not sure what will be in store for this event. I hauled 75-80 gallons of water up the mountains (small hills for BADVENM) only to learn they have water spigots beside every power pole! I intend to paddock farthest up the hill, on the opposite side of the garages from where pit in/out is (outside the fence). It would be great if the rest of the CMC field can paddock there like a regional race.

Russ C.

CMC #720

white PSD dually/camper shell and work and play TT.

Thanks for the info Russ. We usually do the trailer camping thing out here on the high plains except when its snowing at the track or when the overnight temperature dips into the 40s.

I bought a Honda generator last year so we're good for electricity.

We'll be arriving sometime late Wednesday for Thursday practice. We'd love to group together with the other CMC cars, just let us know what part of the facility to aim for.

Any other things we should bring or know about before we leave in two weeks?

Power is first come/first serve for $$$ but there seems to be alot of it (especially 110V) around the outer sections near the garages.

Correction to this: power is sold out with a waiting list. Since we haven't tested every plug at every pole, we undersold it a bit... which means more power will probably be available trackside for a small fee. To be discussed at the welcome meeting Thursday night. We still recommend generators and such just in case.

We'll be arriving sometime late Wednesday for Thursday practice.

Keep in mind if you get there after registration closes Wednesday night (see welcome letter on website for hours), there will be no entry until they re-open Thursday morning, because you won't have been waivered/wristbanded. That said, once you've handled that once, gate 2 is open 24/7 until we leave Sunday night.

Thanks for the info Russ. We usually do the trailer camping thing out here on the high plains except when its snowing at the track or when the overnight temperature dips into the 40s.

I bought a Honda generator last year so we're good for electricity.

We'll be arriving sometime late Wednesday for Thursday practice. We'd love to group together with the other CMC cars, just let us know what part of the facility to aim for.

Any other things we should bring or know about before we leave in two weeks?

Get Fast is the guy with the details on the event so listen to him (although you may be able to pull power from another trailer???)

I listed where I intend to paddock in my last post and will be in for "early entry". The other MA CMC guy is coming in a "super C", not sure about the GL guys but the one time I ran there they seemed like a good bunch that would be fun to paddock with.

Bring your sense of humor! I know this is a serious event but it won't be like that the entire time. At regional races the "antics" have been ping-pong balls in cars to chains through the wheels and WELDED to the roll cage. Those types of things aren't happening at a national event but sticker have been known to appear when your not looking.

It's dirty, but hopefully this is your view of my car all week! (taken last month on grid right before the saturday race)

http://www.catesracing.com/flp/nasa/2016events/2016_07_dr/atp/IMG_7983.JPG.html

IMG_7983.JPG.html