AIM Sensors for Mustang (MXL2)

jdlingle

Anyone here hook up sensors to their MXL2 for an S197 Mustang? Looking from someone I can email or call and discuss the right sensors to read oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp and what exactly I need to purchase to be able to install. I thought the MXL2 could do that that through the ECU but in the Race Studio software it only gives me drop downs for sensors.

• 1 month later...
Anyone here hook up sensors to their MXL2 for an S197 Mustang? Looking from someone I can email or call and discuss the right sensors to read oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp and what exactly I need to purchase to be able to install. I thought the MXL2 could do that that through the ECU but in the Race Studio software it only gives me drop downs for sensors.

I have an MXG in a S197 and get the 'Coolant' Temp from the OBDII stream. I added an oil pressure sensor to the stock sensor location on the oil filter adapter (MC-320) and I put a PT100 temp sensor in the bung on my Canton oil pan (MC-201-1/8). You'll need a 1/2 NPT to 1/8 NPT bushing for the pan and a 1/4 npt to 1/8 npt bushing for the pressure sensor.