NASA BUTTONWILLOW OCT. 8-9. WHO'S GOING TO WIN TIRES?

Tim Comeau

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• Spec-944#70

• Packfill

• 944-Spec#94

Saturday morning???? How about Friday morning for some testing?

My new engine is in and need some break-in on Friday.

I assume Jim will be there testing as usual...

Have fun guys.

Also take some pictures and consider a race report.

I never got around to pictures from the Last Az race and want to update the 944spec.com website.

I have been to too lazy err BUSY for an update after the Az race. I do have the points updated, just not uploaded.

hey guys, if i can get my new konis installed by friday ill be there! what time should i show up for HPDE??? and im definatly going to have to bring a camera or two.....

Mikie-Z, Push on it! Stay up late, get some help, whatever it takes. Getting to an event for the first time seems like the hardest thing. Bring spares.

Updated first post of this topic. Who else can we bring?

If you're attending, Ryan needs to know. Please register asap.

Don't forget a hotel room.

As it turns out, my brother just rolled into town, today.... He is only here for four days and then he is leaving for Patagonia for a year.... The family pressure is huge!!

I will have to sit this weekend out...

See ya guys in November......

Ok, I'm shoving off for BW now. Ray Dicius is already at the track and I'm sure Mikael Weitze will be there soon. Look forward to some good racing and a chance to win some tires!

Cheers!

yeah!! and i shal be tere tomorrow with you guys as my car is now equipped with a full set of koni yellows and more agressive alignment settings what a difference so far.... wow.... anywho see ya at the track!!

Yes both days!! I guess I can build a motor!! I had good HP, no leaks, temp ran good and it's as strong as Mike W's car so I'm happy! Which is more than I can say for TC! I had a great time and learned a ton!! Great fun!! I'm not even going to jab at TC as he was very helpfull in getting us faster this weekend.

Boy Mike you kill us on the track and still want more. I was just being nice to TC. You had enough good things happen this weekend. But YES IT WAS THE SCANDINAVIAN way to go!! Mike swapped cars with me and showed me my car was faster. It gave me the confidence to push it and also the pointers on some of the corners too! I dropped over 4 seconds in 1 outing. Yes Mike is the MAN!!!!! A new 944 God has risen!! The interesting battle will be to see if he can topple Dwain!!

Was that better MW?

See ya in Dec!!!!

BTW It was a very well run weekend and the 3 hour Enduro was a ton of fun!! Good job NASA guys!!

wow, that was a great weekend! that last race on sunday was quite a good one. cant wait till i can join you guys out there! ohh, and aparently my dad goofed on the timing thing... he was only giving me my last lap speed, which was usualyl my slowest, or so it felt lap, so i might be down into the lower 2:20s, just need a better time keeper next time i look foreward very much to the next events. hopefully next time ill have a stronger clutch, an ATTACHED muffler, and something to control the massive amounts of body roll i seem to be experinecing. good luck Tim on getting that new motor together, and congrats Mike W on that win.

Nice work Eric & Mikeal!

Driver really makes the difference in this series and of course one thing that make a driver fast is the confidence to drive really hard.

It was a great weekend at Buttonwillow with perfect weather, no wind and 78.

A few recognitions; to Ryan F. and the whole NASA crew for putting on yet another flawless event.

to Brian at Chapman BMW, Scottsdale,AZ for sponsoring with a set of shaved TOYOS, very generous. His service and price on tires are unbeatable.

to the great camraderie among the 944 guys. A couple of cars had some problems and everyone is always offering a hand and even after Ray Dicius and Tim Comeaus cars retired for the weekend, they were coaching and assisting the rest of us who were still racing.

On a personal note, my hat off to my friend and mechanic, Brian Suggs, Diamond Bar,CA who in very short time pulled out my blown 87 engine and had the new 84 engine installed. The car ran very strong and in combination with a great alignment from Johnsons Alignment in Torrance,CA all I had to do to win both days was to keep it on the black stuff with the shiny side up.

Lowest laptime of the weekend was during Sat. qualifying at 2.08.211.

The battles between Bill, Eric and myself on Sunday made for some spectacular racing and I think we all put on a great show for the spectators.

Let's all come out and race in November.

Ok, the weekend was good and bad.

Eric, Bill and I stayed up too late on Friday night drinking beer and catching up. The weather was really nice all weekend.

Both Mikael Weitze and I cashed in our gift certificates at the track pro shop. I got a bunch of useful stuff to keep the cars running. These were the gift certs we won at Willow and Fontana for having 10 or more 944's show up.

The turnout was disappointing at only 5 racers. It was great to have Mike Zhangi show up and enter the HPDE in his 87 924S. He was doing fine and I even heard him heel and toeing going into sunset. Not bad for a new guy.

Ray's car had trouble with the clutch adjustment after having trouble with the kill switch. It looks nice though and I was happy to see him and it at an event. It will just take a couple events to get it sorted out.

During Saturday's race, my car's radiator jumped off of its shelf and fell backwards. ( Caused by hitting tire barriers at Tijuana Grand Prix? Dunno, but the bottom shelf was bent down and backwards) The attached fans cut through the lower radiator hose and I lost water. The engine overheated in no time even though I brought it in almost immediately. I replaced the hose as quick as I could and tried to get some water running through the head and block, but it was too late. The head gasket blew. Saturday afternoon, we took my alternator and bolted it to Bill Addy's car, which had failed for bad charging. He was back up and had a great race on Sunday.

Saturday night we watched the 3 hour night enduro. We encouraged a POC Porsche team, mostly by shouting insults at our fellow NASA drivers who were driving Miazdahs, RX-7's, Hondas and such, and the "encouragement" seemed to work out. Carlos Granados and Chris Miller won overall in a 911. Nice work guys. That made me feel better after my faithful steed had failed me............it has been almost 3 years though. See you back at Buttonwillow in Nov. I'm working on some more door prizes and we may have a dinner show arrangement in Bakersfield if you guys want.

We waited till Sunday morning to draw for the new TOYO TIRES in the hopes that more racers would show up. Mikael's number was drawn from the hat.

Sunday's race was fun as hell to watch. Bill, Eric and Mikael each led the race for several laps! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Eric leading the race! It was so cool.........

No contact. Great racing. Good stuff.

Sundays race was fun. Mike the Swede stayed back to play/train us. I had some passing traing with a Miata who was running similar lap times as me and Bill. He would pass me and then I'd pass him back. I was able to keep him inbetween me and Bill most of the race and he gave Bill a run for his money. He latter passed me on the last lap and I didn't bother to try to repass. It was fun racing with him but he did get in the middle of Bill and my battle. The driver of the Miata was talked to by NASA/TC about getting in the middle of class battles as it would have been more fun to battle Bill. I did get alot of passing drills though!!