Tire question

bionicbelly

So for tires this year, I am not sure what to do. I wish I could just run 245 hoosiers, but I can't. I have a set of 255 17 toyo RR's from last year, and they were ok. For the same points, I can use 225 17 hoosiers. The toyo is 0.7 tenths wider per tire. Does anyone have experience with both of these tires, and if so, which one is faster? Also, I see that 225 17 hoosiers have a 40 and a 45 sidewall. I would rather go for the taller tire, for gearing, but it says that it is for 8.5 inch wheel max, while the shorter tire can fit on a 9" wheel. This seems the opposite that it should be. I have a set of 8.5's and a set of 9's. Does the extra 1/2 inch really matter?

225 hoho will be faster than a 255 toyo. toyo will last longer though. I've seen the 225/45s on 9's a bunch. Don't think you'll have any issue with that.

225 hoho will be faster than a 255 toyo. toyo will last longer though. I've seen the 225/45s on 9's a bunch. Don't think you'll have any issue with that.

Awesome. I will probably do some actual testing on this, but it is good to know it is worth it. Thanks.