Sign in to follow this  
Flying Pumpkin

New to NASA Texas Region

Flying Pumpkin

So I've made the decision to get back into racing (ran SCCA Autocross years ago). I'm wanting to get into a spec series but don't want to break the bank in the process. I haven't bought a car yet and I really like the Spec Z but it seems like it's not real popular here. Any suggestions?

I'll be at the race tomorrow at MSR to watch and hopefully meet a greet a few cool people who can help guide me in an inexpensive, competitive path.

Flying Pumpkin

I came out to the race at MSR on Saturday and met quite a few of the drivers and I must say.....AWESOME experience! You guys are all great! Thanks to all of the drivers who took the time to talk to my wife and I and put up with our rookie questions. Real big thank you to Will for taking the time on a busy weekend to sit down with my wife and I for a few minutes and help guide us in the right direction for classes and what my future progression should look like as I get back into racing. I'm really looking forward to starting back up and eventually competing against some of yall. Thanks again!

kbrew8991

Don't neglect considering a "semi-spec" series like CMC. There's always Spec Miata as well.

You did it right by visiting event, seeing for yourself, talking to people, etc.

travis77

depends also on how much $$ you want to spend on the car and to be up front.

low cost = SpecRX7

then it goes up from there

Mach1

Cmc or spec Miata, lots of competition was key for me.

Sonic1r

Just moved to Austin from Arizona. I'm hoping to get back in the TT game this March