Western States Championships Event Website & Registration

bpanther

• 2 months later...

Registration is open for both Eastern and Western States Championships.

West @ Thunderhill: https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2590

East @ Sebring: https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2591

Back for 2017: pay just $249 now to reserve your entry and the balance is not due until September 18 - when you will receive a link to process the balance automatically. This also locks you in at the most discounted rate listed above. All Early Entry Reservation fees are non-refundable and the last day to secure this registration option is June 30. (Please put your class in the "additional comments" area when completing your purchase.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Will Thunderhill's traditional 101 dba sound limit be enforce?....

Just emailed Thunderhill, their GM says the limit will be 103db for the event.

Al7P0jF.png

Just for clarification - -

Where is the Noise limit posted/written for Thunderhill for NASA Nationals West ?

I am having difficulty finding this information.

And, could someone tell me exactly how they measure the car sound level - distance, location, equipment ?

We will be able to comply with the sound level requirements - but it helps to have all the information ahead of time.

Thank you,

Regards,

Where is the Noise limit posted/written for Thunderhill for NASA Nationals West ?

And, could someone tell me exactly how they measure the car sound level - distance, location, equipment ?

We will be able to comply with the sound level requirements - but it helps to have all the information ahead of time.

Thank you,

Regards,

I believe that there is a sound measurement shack on the right hand side of the car on the main straight after the exit of turn 15, and that the distance may be 50', but to be certain of that plus any further details, contact the track. - Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you,

Regards,

Thanks Jim,

I talked with the T-Hill GM and he provided excellent information about their 103 dbA sound level compliance checking -

Yes, the testing equipment is 50' on the outside (paddock side) of the turn 15 coming onto the Start/Finish straight -

there is a microphone outside and a person inside the booth/shack checking cars for compliance. It is OK to use directional exhaust

pipes - HOWEVER, the course flag station workers will also be listening for loud exhaust on the inside of the track and may

Black flag a car if they think it does not comply with the 103 dbA level . . . (???) . . . it sounds like T-Hill is serious about

the 103 dbA compliance . . . which really isn't too restrictive except for some of us 108 dbA cars - and 5 dbA is a lot of

energy reduction . . .

We have a muffler to meet a 96 dbA level and will be using that for the NASA Nationals . . .

Regards,

• Roman V. unpinned this topic