mglobe

Global MX5 Cup. ST or PT?

mglobe

I just picked up a former Battery Tender car and am trying to figure out which class to run in. Anyone else in this situation? If so which class are you planning to run?

takjak2

I'd say step 1 is get the dyno sheet done. Then you can always run ST4 if suitable or if there's better turnout or if the schedule allows you to double up.

mweber
I just picked up a former Battery Tender car and am trying to figure out which class to run in. Anyone else in this situation? If so which class are you planning to run?

What year is the car?

Page 41 of the PT Rules.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/4271/PT_Rules_2017_v12.1--12-27-16.pdf

Mazda MX-5 Global Cup Racecar (2016-17)(PTC):

Minimum Competition Weight: 2400 lbs.

Tires: Either Mazda MX-5 Global Cup specified non-DOT 215mm, or any model DOT-approved tire,

size 215mm or smaller.

Aero: No aerodynamic modifications when compared to the BTM (base trim model) Mazda MX-5

(“Sport” trim street model), including no factory optional aerodynamic modifications (such as

front air dam/splitter, side sill extensions, rear bumper skirt, rear lip spoiler).

mglobe

What year is the car?

Page 41 of the PT Rules.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/4271/PT_Rules_2017_v12.1--12-27-16.pdf

Mazda MX-5 Global Cup Racecar (2016-17)(PTC):

Minimum Competition Weight: 2400 lbs.

Tires: Either Mazda MX-5 Global Cup specified non-DOT 215mm, or any model DOT-approved tire,

size 215mm or smaller.

Aero: No aerodynamic modifications when compared to the BTM (base trim model) Mazda MX-5

(“Sport” trim street model), including no factory optional aerodynamic modifications (such as

front air dam/splitter, side sill extensions, rear bumper skirt, rear lip spoiler).

Yeah that info would help, wouldn't it. 2016 Global MX-5 Cup. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that PT is the best place for it, as it should compete as is. I have zero interest in modifying this car.

fbirch

I'd be interested to hear the peak power if/when you dyno it. I bet there a hoot to drive.