n80

MA DE-4 Passing Rules

n80

Hoping to instruct at the March event at VIR. Have never instructed at VIR and have a few questions. In NASA SE you don't need a point-by to pass in DE-4. MA website says point-by required in DE-4. Just want to make sure this is correct. Also, can the point-by be on either side or is it specific to location on track? Thanks.

t500hps

Jon (getfast) will likely respond but DE4 is usually just instructors and I didn't think they were worried about points. I've never run DE4 so you'll have to verify but I wouldn't worry about it. VIR is a long/stretched out track and passing is pretty easy.

n80

Thanks. I'm sure I'll find all this out at the track but I like to know beforehand if possible. Anyone know if DE-4 can run with DE-3 if they want to?

getfast

Ask a Cobetto or the chief instructor re: passing in 4.

And 4 typically can't run with 3 sorry. Two big groups usually too full to share.

n80
Ask a Cobetto or the chief instructor re: passing in 4.

Thanks. Will do.

And 4 typically can't run with 3 sorry. Two big groups usually too full to share.

I understand that.

Dragon40k

The chief instructor usually goes over the passing rules for all groups every morning in our instructors meetings. Pointby's are encouraged but not required.

Not every driver in HPDE 4 is an instructor there are usually a few experienced HPDE3 drivers that can get bumped up when HPDE3 overflows. However we're not allowed to join in in HPDE3 (NASA NE Allows this)

n80

I looked over the DE-4 and Instructor info but did not see anything about passengers. In NASA-SA instructors can have a passenger in the car if that person has signed a release form. Does anyone know if this is the same in MA? I can ask at the instructors meeting too.

getfast

answer should be in regional supplemental CCR linked from nasaracing.net