fuel cells american iron series

Shaun Kekacs

Hey guys, what size ATL fuel cell are you running in this series. 15 gallon or 20. Thanks, have other questions too, car almost done to run in Northeast region this summer. Shaun

Marshall,

Thanks so much for the reply. You answered my question on roll cage steel a year ago too. The 15 gallon cell will be easier to get into third gen Camaro. Next question and I will also refer to update rule book. What gear ratio in rear axle can I use with 5 speed car. And can I change gears in transmission? thanks again Shaun

• Members

Shaun,

Rear gear ratio is unrestricted. The only rule for the rear end is it must be a ferrous (cast iron) housing.

Transmission gear ratio (or gear count) is unrestricted as long as it's a synchronized gearset. No dog rings or faceplating is allowed.

I had a 15 gallon cell in my American Iron 95 Mustang several years ago and it was fine at all tracks except Road America. I could barely finish a 45 minute race at Road America with a 15 gallon cell. Nearly gave away my first ever win in AI due to sputtering on the last lap. Others have had similar experience at that track with a 15 gallon cell.

If possible I would suggest at least an 18 gallon for very long, fast tracks. Plus, it gives you options for the future, such as racing Enduro's. and the National Championship, which typically is a longer race, and depending on the track, you may be close with 15 gallon cell.

Algozine … was it the car "sputtering" on the last lap or you "sputtering" on the last lap ? Or both …. ? These forums have gotten too dead over the last few years … we need to bring back some fun don't you think ? … We used to fight, take pot shots and insult each other soo much more in years past … now everyone is proper ….

E Fisher #12

i had a 15 gallon in my AIX car with a 350c.i. chevy carbed motor running E85. i know i was on fumes finishing the race at Mid-Ohio this summer and not a chance i wouldve finished the Watkins Glen championship race.

but E85 burns more than gas, but even still i probably wouldnt have made it, im going with a 22 this time around just for the added luxury

Mike

Algozine … was it the car "sputtering" on the last lap or you "sputtering" on the last lap ? Or both …. ? These forums have gotten too dead over the last few years … we need to bring back some fun don't you think ? … We used to fight, take pot shots and insult each other soo much more in years past … now everyone is proper ….

E Fisher #12

Fisher.....you @#$ $#&$# &^%,............ Sputtering....I'll give you sputtering. Meet me at the bike racks after school. Its go time.

How's that........better ?

HAHAHAHA … YES !! See ?? Thats more like it …. you should probably insult my family or something next to get it to the next level … Dave are you racing this year ?? Mid O ??

E Fisher #12

• 7 months later...

Thanks, fellows for all the feed back, had set back this summer life took over. Surgery on hand, pinned bone again, lol. Back on track for push to make it to track and finish car. More questions to follow. Like the busting of b@lls. Maybe I could be the punch line of the jokes as I try not to make fool of my self out there. YUP!