Tow Hooks

wera44

I work EV and I have no issues with the stock tow points. If they aren't good enough, lots of cars are illegal. They are far safer than some of the add on stuff.

Disclaimer: not an official answer, but one based on experience.

15.12 Tow Eyes

It is required that all race vehicles, except open-wheel (formula) cars, have at least two (2) easily accessible

(and usable) tow eyes, or tow points; one (1) in front and one (1) in back. They must not protrude dangerously

from the car or require manipulation of the bodywork and/or panels to access the tow eyes. If tow eyes or tow

points are not available the towing crew will hook onto other things that may cause damage to the driver’s car.

The tow crew and NASA will not be held liable for any damage.

The underlined section is worth noting. Imagine being stuck in kitty litter or damage. Will there still be access to the OE tow hooks? If not, they'll hook to something you might not want them to.

For $50. Is it worth risk? Most safety crews are volunteers. They are very good and do care. But it helps to make it easy for them too.

https://www.flyinmiata.com/1990-97-flyin-miata-tow-hook-set.html

Thanks for the input guys. It wasn't that I didn't want tp spend the $50 I just didn't want anything sticking out from the car. I think the access points are pretty easy to get to but maybe Ill add some soft strap type hooks.

Thanks for the input guys. It wasn't that I didn't want tp spend the $50 I just didn't want anything sticking out from the car. I think the access points are pretty easy to get to but maybe Ill add some soft strap type hooks.

Soft straps are worse than the stock hooks. Lost more than one car off a tilt bed because of them. If it's the only option then I'll take it the miatas have a better one.

Those hooks I linked to do not stick out.

Those hooks I linked to do not stick out.

Thanks, I ordered a similar set from Advanced Autosports while I was buying some other stuff I needed.