Question about rules

1jeffcat

I noticed a couple rules that are somewhat ambiguous with a few cars myself and a few friends are thinking about building.

This one points to a miata specifically:

14) Relocation of rear suspension mounting points +6 (includes modifications to spindles and knuckles that relocate control arm mounting points in space—such as “drop spindles”)

So on an NA miata, NB top hats are a popular addition due to them being more comfortable. Also my miata has the extended rear top hats that compensate for the lost shock travel by lowering the car. Are both the NB and extended top hats illegal or are these rules more intended towards different shock mounting points on the control arm/shock inversion? Technically the extended top hat mounts mount in the same location, but let the shock portion of the coilover assembly go up higher to compensate for the shock travel lost due to lowering the car, as you are pretty much riding on bumpstops after lowering the car.

Question#2

I have a friend that has an SRT4 neon that he thought about TTing once he gets through HPDE.

"10) Replacement pulleys (other than for supercharger) or non-electrical fan removal +1"

What is this rule directed towards and how does somebody gain an advantage from it? The reason I ask is because he has an AC delete therefore he has no AC belt pulley, and I was wondering if he would be assessed points (if this was using the old points structure).

" TT4 and TT3 Production vehicles that maintain the unmodified base trim model body lines, do not have non-OEM aerodynamic aides or modifications, and do not have a rear wing or rear spoiler may assess the Modification Factor for “OEM Aero” in calculating the “Adjusted Wt/HP Ratio”. Under this specific rule, an aerodynamic aide is considered non-OEM if it did not come configured on the base trim model (BTM) of the vehicle from the manufacturing factory. Except for those vehicle-specific higher level trim models (non-BTM) listed in Appendix B, there is no updating or backdating across trim models or the addition of dealer installed OEM options permitted. "

The SRT4 Neon has a base classification within NASA and came from the factory with a rear spoiler....so is it penalized for having the spoiler even though it's an OEM base trim part for the SRT4?

• Members

You need to check out the No-Points Modification section of the TT rules. Section I, starting on Page 36.

Your front question is covered in e. Suspension

4) Shock mount replacement/modification (only if already taking points for both shocks and

springs)(may raise or lower mount location up to two (2) inches if no horizontal movement.)

Second question covered in b. Weight Reduction

6) BTM air conditioner system removal with or without A.C. delete pulley--no point

assessment for C.10).

You can only take the "OEM Aero" benefit if the car doesn't have a rear wing or spoiler, which only applies to TT3 and TT4. If you run the SRT4 in a letter class then you do not have to take points for any of the BTM aero.

You need to check out the No-Points Modification section of the TT rules. Section I, starting on Page 36.

Your front question is covered in e. Suspension

4) Shock mount replacement/modification (only if already taking points for both shocks and

springs)(may raise or lower mount location up to two (2) inches if no horizontal movement.)

Second question covered in b. Weight Reduction

6) BTM air conditioner system removal with or without A.C. delete pulley--no point

assessment for C.10).

You can only take the "OEM Aero" benefit if the car doesn't have a rear wing or spoiler, which only applies to TT3 and TT4. If you run the SRT4 in a letter class then you do not have to take points for any of the BTM aero.

Alright. Thanks. That helps a lot. My buddies SRT4 will likely be in a number class due to his mods and power upgrades, so he will have to just take the penalty I guess.

At any rate, thanks for clearing that up. My mistake for not reading down far enough.